EICMA 2015: 2016 KTM RC390 unveiled
KTM has unveiled the 2016 RC390, which features certain functional upgrades. Mechanical changes include a 320mm Brembo disc brake up front to replace the older 300mm disc, ride-by-wire throttle, a slipper clutch and a new aluminium exhaust to help clear the Euro4 norms. Visually though, the bike remains more or less the same, apart from the larger exhaust.
As this exhaust replaces the earlier underbelly module, the bottom fairing of the bike appears to be narrower than the outgoing model. While the current RC390's underbelly would scrape at steep lean angles, this new shape could help solve that. The 2016 RC390 also gets adjustable front brake and clutch levers. However, the 43.5PS/35Nm 373cc engine gets no mechanical changes.
We expect to see this update at the 2016 Auto Expo, and a launch soon after. The current RC390 is priced at Rs 2.13 lakh (ex-Delhi) and we expect its successor to get a slightly higher price tag.
Starts Rs 2,35,735
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India