EICMA 2015: Benelli unveils the TRK502
Benelli has just unveiled the TRK502 at the EICMA 2015. The newest adventure motorcycle from the Benelli stable gets a fuel injected 500cc, parallel twin engine with four valves per cylinder, DOHC setup. It produces 47PS@8,500rpm and 45Nm@4,500rpm.
Benelli has, keeping its adventure duties in mind, kitted the TRK502 with 50mm USD forks up front and 144mm rear shock absorber with adjustment for preload. The front suspension also has a 150mm stroke to add to the off-road credentials.
The Benelli TRK502 gets typical adventure motorcycle styling with a large, 20 litre fuel tank, beaky front fender (that resembles the Ducati Multistrada) and a huge screen above the headlamp. The exhaust is short and stubby and Benelli has designed the motorcycle to aid mass centralization. The swingarm shape and exhaust looks like that from the Kawasaki Versys 650.
The rear end is designed to hold luggage and Benelli will also supply a set of panniers with the TRK502, however, as an accessory. Braking duties are handled by two 320mm discs at the front with four piston calipers. The rear unit is 260mm with twin piston calipers. The Benelli TRK502 gets twin-channel ABS.
Benelli could get the TRK502 to our shores but that largely depends on its ability to fine tune the motorcycle to suit our fuel quality and conditions.
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the EICMA 2015 motorshow, click here
Starts Rs 5,44,000
Starts Rs 6,61,000
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept