EICMA 2015: Ducati unveils the Multistrada 1200 Enduro and the Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak edition
Ducati has taken the wraps off the updates to the Multistrada line the Multistrada 1200 Enduro and the Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak edition. Both of them get the 1199cc Testastretta engine with Desmodromic Variable Timing (DVT) that is used in the Multistrada 1200 and S models. This V-twin is mated to a 6-speed transmission and delivers 160PS at 9500rpm and 136Nm at 7,500rpm.
The Ducati Enduro
The Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro is the most capable off road bike in the Multistrada family. The Multistrada 1200 Enduro's updates include spoked wheels, a bigger 19-inch front wheel, a new front mudguard and an extended front beak and anodised aluminium side panels. Ducati has also changed the riding position a bit for better off-road riding, by increasing the height of the handlebars, providing a narrower seat and a height adjustable rear brake lever. The gear lever has a coupling to prevent it from breaking in the event of a crash and an aluminium sump guard has been fitted to protect the engine. To help with standing up and riding off road, the Multistrada 1200 Enduro has a narrower pillion seat and a lower Plexiglass screen.
The Multistrada 1200 Enduro is fitted with off-road capable 120 (front) and 170 (rear) section Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyres. However, the Multistrada 1200 Enduro can be optioned with Pirelli Scorpion Rally tyres, which are properly suited for off-road riding.
The Multistrada Pikes Peak edition is based on the 1200 S and is Ducati's tribute to the famous Pikes Peak hill climb event. It gets a new colour scheme, a low carbon fibre windscreen, a Termignoni exhaust system, new three spoke wheels and mechanically adjustable Öhlins suspension.
More from OVERDRIVE on EICMA 2015:
Starts Rs 20,69,000
Starts Rs 19,30,000
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept