EICMA 2015: India-bound UM Renegade Sport S unveiled
UM has unveiled the Renegade Sport S a motorcycle that is India-bound - at the EICMA 2015. This motorcycle is powered by a single cylinder, electronically fuel injected engine that displaces 279cc. This water-cooled unit is mated to a 6-speed transmission and delivers 26.6PS of power at 8,600rpm and 22.76Nm of torque at 6,300rpm.
The UM Renegade Sport S gets Endurance brakes with a disc up front, but no ABS. The suspension duties in the front are handled by 41mm telescopic Gabriel forks, while the rear uses a double shock set up. The Renegade Sport S gets TVS tyres with a 110 section tyre over a 17-inch rim at the front and a 140 section tyre with a 15-inch rim at the rear.
The Renegade Sport S will make its debut in India as one of two models from UM at the 2016 Auto Expo, where pre-bookings for the bike will begin. UM Motorcycles announced their entry into the Indian market at the Auto Expo last year. The American motorcycle company has tied up with Lohia Auto, an Indian brand, to look for possibly setting up a factory here. The motorcycles were expected to be launched sometime this year, however, a delay resulted in the launches being postponed.
For more news on EICMA 2015, click here.
Also from OVERDRIVE:
Starts Rs 1,71,651
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids