EICMA 2015: Suzuki unveils the new SV650
Suzuki lifted the lid off the new SV650 at the EICMA 2015 and it aims to revive the cult following that made the original SV a classic. The new Suzuki SV650 gets a new 645cc liquid-cooled, V-twin engine that generates 76PS@8,500rpm and 64Nm@8,100rpm. Suzuki claims that the new engine offers improved fuel economy and lower emissions.
The engine gets two spark plugs per cylinder to optimize ignition. Suzuki's Dual Throttle Valve fuel-injection system features 10-hole fuel injectors for improved fuel combustion. A new, lighter-weight exhaust system is also incorporated to aid in lowering emissions. In fact, the motorcycle weighs under 200kg now and is claimed to be more agile and maneuverable than before.
The Suzuki SV's updated chassis incorporates more than 70 new parts and components, and when combined with the new steel truss frame results in reduced weight over the previous models.
The new Suzuki SV650 uses 290mm dual disc brakes up front and 240mm rear brakes with Nissin calipers . The SV650 gets conventional 41mm telescopic front forks, plus a link-type rear suspension.
The Suzuki SV650's multifunction LCD instrument panel consists of a gear position indicator, digital speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip meter, average/instantaneous fuel consumption, range, clock, water temperature gauge and fuel gauge. Backlight is adjustable in six levels of brightness and can be set to the rider's preference.
The Suzuki SV650 has immense appeal and practicality for everyday riding. Suzuki could possibly get the SV650 to India to take the fight to the Triumph Street Triple, Kawasaki Z800, Kawasaki Ninja 650 and Ducati Scrambler.
For more EICMA stories click here
Starts Rs 7,89,000
Starts Rs 5,49,000
Starts Rs 9,19,500
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza prices and variants explained
- ReviewBSVI KTM Duke 200 first ride review
- NewsHusqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Vitpilen 250 launched in India at Rs 1.80 lakh
- News2020 Volkswagen T-Roc SUV to be launched in India on March 18
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC Coupe to launch in India on March 3
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055