EICMA 2016: Aprilia introduces the new Dorsoduro 900
Aprilia has taken the wraps off the new Dorsoduro 900 at the 2016 EICMA in Milan. The Italian manufacturer has made a few changes to the Dorsoduro's 750's engine as well as introduced a new black on red colour scheme on the naked.
The 90-degree V-twin motor now displaces 900cc (896cc to be exact) and this as achieved by merging the 92mm bore of the 750cc engine and 67.4mm stroke of the 1200cc motor of the Dorsoduro. The new engine produces 96.5PS at 8,759rpm and 90Nm at 6,500rpm. Aprilia says that the new engine provides a healthy increase in bottom-end and mid-range power. The internal lubrication system of the engine has been revised for better efficiency and a new exhaust system ensures that the bike meets the stringent Euro 4 emission norms.
The Dorsoduro 900 also gets an updated electronics package that includes a new ride-by -wire system. The bike has three riding modes-Sport, Touring and Rain. Aprilia's traction control system for the 900 features three levels with the choice of switching the system off. The traction control is also combined with the two-channel Continental ABS system. There are two, 320mm discs upfront and a single 240mm disc at the rear.
The company has replaced the LCD instrument panel with a new 4.3-inch TFT unit. Light sensors detect ambient light (day/night) and automatically adjusts brightness to ensure that the screen is visible. You can also pair your smartphone to the instrument cluster, which will then display information such as incoming calls on the screen.
The Dorsoduro 900 uses the same trellis frame as well as the aluminium swing arm from the 750. It gets new 41mm Kayaba upside-down forks with 6.3 inches of travel. Aprilia says the new front suspension saves up to half a kilogram. The new wheels are also lighter and help shed close to 2kg.
The bike will go on sale in international markets soon. Expect Aprilia to get the bike to India too.
Starts Rs 11,99,000
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055