EICMA 2016: Honda reveals the X-ADV adventure scooter
Now who would have thought of this? A scooter that can be ridden both on and off-road. That's exactly what the Honda X-ADV is all about.
Designed by Honda's Italian R&D department, the X-ADV certainly looks the part. Styling is rugged and there's a fair amount of ground clearance too. There's a five-step adjustable screen above the front apron to protect from wind-blast. The aluminium handlebars are set at 910mm and there are hand guards placed ahead of the grips. Beneath the seat (at a height of 820mm) is 21-litres of storage space that Honda claims can hold a full size enduro helmet.
There's a Smart Key system that's similar to what you find in cars these days. The sensors detect the key in your pocket and all you need to do is push the starter button and ride away.
The scooter gets a 745cc engine that produces 53.6PS and is mated to Honda's DCT automatic transmission. There are two automatic riding modes D and S. Within the S mode are three additional levels that help adjust the power output depending on the rider's preference. There's an MT mode too that allows full manual operation of the transmission.
Honda says that the tough chassis, long travel suspension and spoke wheels shod with dual purpose tyres add to the "off-road appeal" of the X-ADV. Coming to India? Start the prayers!
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 EICMA show, click here
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know