EICMA 2016: Kawasaki set to launch new Versys-X 300, could come to India!
The new Kawasaki Versys-X 300 is going into production, featuring the 296cc engine from the Z300. We have tested the Z300 which is sold in our country by Kawasaki India. The Versys 300 joins a high-buzz segment which now includes the likes of the BMW G 310 GS and the Suzuki V-Strom 250. The Kawasaki Versys 300 will offer similar blend of touring ability and daily riding that the bigger adventure tourers offer with a lighter and smaller feel.
The Kawasaki parallel-twin has been retuned for stronger low- and mid-range grunt as befits its role. Kawasaki says the injectors and throttle valves are designed to deliver exceptional fuel economy. Kawasaki also says the tank range will be 400km.
The engine is slotted into a steel backbone frame, and the parallel twin is part of the structure. Suspension is 41mm forks with long wheel travel. With a 19-inch front wheel, the Versys should feel like the light adventure tourer it is. The road focus is pretty clear, but the spoke wheels and long suspension should permit the Versys-X to be taken some way off-road.
For India, the challenge will be the small displacement, two-cylinder engine that will have to go through homologation. Also challenging will be the Rs 4 lakh price point where all the small displacement twins seem to default to at this time. But let's keep our fingers crossed - Kawasaki has not revealed prices or availability for the Versys-X 300 for any market, let alone India.
Starts Rs 4,69,000
Starts Rs 3,49,000
Starts Rs 7,46,000
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched in India on November 21
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India