EICMA 2017: 2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 revealed
Ducati has unveiled the new 2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 at the Ducati World Premiere, just before EICMA 2017 in Milan, Italy. The engine on the 2018 Multistrada 1260 has a larger engine displacement of 1,262cc due to a slightly longer 71.5mm stroke than the current Ducati Multistrada, and it also features Desmodromic Variable Timing (DVT). The DVT on the Ducati Multistrada 1260 combines variable timing with desmo valve actuation which delivers an ideal combination of horsepower, low-rpm torque as well as meets Euro-4 emission norms. The Multistrada 1260 DVT engine is now capable of 160PS at 9,500rpm and 129.4Nm at 7,500rpm. However, it now gets a very flat torque curve, delivering 85 per cent of peak torque from as low as 3,500 rpm, something ADV riders will greatly appreciate.
The Ducati Multistrada will be available in four trim levels - the standard 1260, Multistrada 1260 S and S D-Air, and Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak. To make the most of the new engine, the chassis has been retuned as well. The steering rake has been increased from 24 to 25 degrees, and the swingarm is 48mm longer.
This takes the wheelbase to 1,585mm from 1,530mm on the earlier model. The longer wheelbase should be able to facilitate more comfortable riding and better stability. The Multistrada 1260 has 48mm inverted forks up front and a rear shock by Sachs, both fully adjustable.
2018 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak
The 1260 S and Pikes Peak versions also receive a new high-definition colour TFT display, navigation, semi-active Ducati Skyhook Suspension (DSS), as well as barrage of rider assist options including a vehicle hold control, as well as four riding modes - sport, touring, urban, and enduro.
Starts Rs 15,95,000
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like