EICMA 2017: 2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 revealed
Ducati has unveiled the new 2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 at the Ducati World Premiere, just before EICMA 2017 in Milan, Italy. The engine on the 2018 Multistrada 1260 has a larger engine displacement of 1,262cc due to a slightly longer 71.5mm stroke than the current Ducati Multistrada, and it also features Desmodromic Variable Timing (DVT). The DVT on the Ducati Multistrada 1260 combines variable timing with desmo valve actuation which delivers an ideal combination of horsepower, low-rpm torque as well as meets Euro-4 emission norms. The Multistrada 1260 DVT engine is now capable of 160PS at 9,500rpm and 129.4Nm at 7,500rpm. However, it now gets a very flat torque curve, delivering 85 per cent of peak torque from as low as 3,500 rpm, something ADV riders will greatly appreciate.
The Ducati Multistrada will be available in four trim levels - the standard 1260, Multistrada 1260 S and S D-Air, and Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak. To make the most of the new engine, the chassis has been retuned as well. The steering rake has been increased from 24 to 25 degrees, and the swingarm is 48mm longer.
This takes the wheelbase to 1,585mm from 1,530mm on the earlier model. The longer wheelbase should be able to facilitate more comfortable riding and better stability. The Multistrada 1260 has 48mm inverted forks up front and a rear shock by Sachs, both fully adjustable.
2018 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak
The 1260 S and Pikes Peak versions also receive a new high-definition colour TFT display, navigation, semi-active Ducati Skyhook Suspension (DSS), as well as barrage of rider assist options including a vehicle hold control, as well as four riding modes - sport, touring, urban, and enduro.
Starts Rs 15,99,000
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show