EICMA 2017: 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 XC and Tiger 800 XR unveiled
Triumph Motorcycles has launched all-new 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 XC and 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 XR models at EICMA 2017 in Milan, Italy. Triumph Motorcycles claims to have made more than 200 upgrades to the chassis and engine. The 2018 Triumph Tiger will feature a more optimised version of the 800cc three-cylinder engine from the previous iteration. The triple produces 95PS of power. Triumph has included a shorter first gear for enhanced acceleration, off-road traction, and low-speed maneuverability. The bodywork too has received an update and is much sharper than before. The 2018 Triumph Tiger also sports a lighter exhaust with a sportier sound, the company said. The Tiger moniker traces its name to the Triumph Tigers built for the famous Six-Day Trials in 1936. From the front, the new Triumph Tiger's mean headlamp design is sure to grab eyeballs.
2018 Triumph Tiger XCA
Tech upgrades on the new Triumph Tiger include full-colour 5-tinch TFT display, six riding modes including a new Off-Road Pro mode, Brembo front brakes, optimised suspension configurations, handlebar-mounted backlit switch cubes, all-LED lighting, and updated cruise control.
There is now a five-step adjustable windscreen which also looks better positioned to prevent buffeting. The Tiger range will include the road-focused Tiger XR, mid-spec XRX and range-topping XRT, as well as the off-road spec Tiger XCX and fully-loaded XCA.
Starts Rs 11,99,500
- NewsTVS launches Zest 110 BSVI and introduces new shade on NTorq 125 Race Edition
- NewsMade-in-India pure electric ATV from Powerland Agro set to start exports
- NewsUpcoming Qianjiang QJ350 previews Harley-Davidson's 338cc motorcycle for Asian markets?
- NewsHyundai announces Ioniq EV-only sub-brand
- NewsFord Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs 1.2 lakh, now start from Rs 29.99 lakh