EICMA 2017: 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 and Tracer 900 GT unveiled
Yamaha has unveiled the new, 2019 Tracer 900 and 2019 Tracer 900 GT at a pre-EICMA 2017 event. The Tracer 900 was launched in 2015 and an update was due. The Yamaha Tracer 900 GT, meanwhile is the Tracer 900's derivative, with is purpose built for touring. Both motorcycles are powered by Yamaha's 847cc, DOHC, three-cylinder engine that's mated to a six-speed transmission.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900
The 2018 Yamaha Tracer 900 gets a manually adjustable windscreen which offers better wind protection in comparison to the previous model. The seat has been re-designed and the handlebar is narrower in order to offer a more natural riding position. The styling has also been tweaked a little. The air-intake has been positioned on the front cowl and the tank and side panels have been redesigned. Yamaha has also worked on improving the overall quality of the Tracer 900.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
The 2018 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT is built for long distance touring and it incorporates the same updates that the 20818 Tracer 900 has received. In addition, the GT also gets the MT-10's cruise control system that can be operated at speeds between 50kmph and 180kmph. The Tracer 900 GT also gets a full-colour TFT display that shows gear position , ambient temperature, coolant temperature, current riding mode, fuel gauge and fuel consumption.
Yamaha has also added a quick shifter, from the MT-09 and heated grips as standard. The suspension is fully adjustable and the rear monoshock can be remote adjusted to set up the bike for different load conditions. To complete the touring package of the Tracer 900 GT, Yamaha will also offer two, 22-litre side cases as standard.
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India