EICMA 2017: 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 and Tracer 900 GT unveiled
Yamaha has unveiled the new, 2019 Tracer 900 and 2019 Tracer 900 GT at a pre-EICMA 2017 event. The Tracer 900 was launched in 2015 and an update was due. The Yamaha Tracer 900 GT, meanwhile is the Tracer 900's derivative, with is purpose built for touring. Both motorcycles are powered by Yamaha's 847cc, DOHC, three-cylinder engine that's mated to a six-speed transmission.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900
The 2018 Yamaha Tracer 900 gets a manually adjustable windscreen which offers better wind protection in comparison to the previous model. The seat has been re-designed and the handlebar is narrower in order to offer a more natural riding position. The styling has also been tweaked a little. The air-intake has been positioned on the front cowl and the tank and side panels have been redesigned. Yamaha has also worked on improving the overall quality of the Tracer 900.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
The 2018 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT is built for long distance touring and it incorporates the same updates that the 20818 Tracer 900 has received. In addition, the GT also gets the MT-10's cruise control system that can be operated at speeds between 50kmph and 180kmph. The Tracer 900 GT also gets a full-colour TFT display that shows gear position , ambient temperature, coolant temperature, current riding mode, fuel gauge and fuel consumption.
Yamaha has also added a quick shifter, from the MT-09 and heated grips as standard. The suspension is fully adjustable and the rear monoshock can be remote adjusted to set up the bike for different load conditions. To complete the touring package of the Tracer 900 GT, Yamaha will also offer two, 22-litre side cases as standard.
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh