EICMA 2017: All-new Benelli TRK 251 adventure cruiser showcased
Adventure tourers is the popular flavour at the EICMA 2017 show. We have already seen the new Triumph Tigers, Ducati Multistrada 1260 and the BMW 750/850s. Joining them is Benelli with their all-new TRK 251 adventure cruiser. Yup, there are calling this one that to basically highlight its road biased setup than an off-road centric arrangement.
The 2018 Benelli TRK 251 looks identical to its bigger sibling the TRK 502 and features a steel tube trellis frame. This one gets a 17-litre fuel tank. The adventure motorcycle gets 41mm upside down forks and a monoshock with a central damping adjustment with a 51mm travel. Doing braking duties on the Benelli TRK 251 are 280mm single floating disc with 4 piston caliper and 240mm disc with single piston caliper. The 2018 Benelli TRK 251 runs on 17 inch aluminium alloys with 110/70 front and 150/60.rear tyres. All of this, according us, would make the Benelli TRK 251 a comfortable machine on the highways.
Powering the 2018 Benelli TRK 251 is a single cylinder 250cc, 4-stroke, liquid cooled motor that makes 26PS at 9,250rpm and generates a maximum torque of 21Nm at 8,000 rpm. This motor is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
We are not sure on when will the the Benelli TRK 251 arrive in India. Talking about the pricing, since this one is a single-cylinder motorcycle and DSK decides to manufacture it in India, the 2018 Benelli TRK 251 might be priced in a similar price range as the KTM 250 Duke. Benelli also showcased the 302S a sharper looking naked version of the 302R. Additionally, there was a 752S naked. A modern cruiser in the form of 402S as well as a 250cc version of the Leoncino. Benelli also showcased the 400 Imperiale cruiser which appears to be a direct competitor for Royal Enfield's 350cc motorcycles.
Starts Rs 1,77,638
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018