EICMA 2017: All-new Benelli TRK 251 adventure cruiser showcased
Adventure tourers is the popular flavour at the EICMA 2017 show. We have already seen the new Triumph Tigers, Ducati Multistrada 1260 and the BMW 750/850s. Joining them is Benelli with their all-new TRK 251 adventure cruiser. Yup, there are calling this one that to basically highlight its road biased setup than an off-road centric arrangement.
The 2018 Benelli TRK 251 looks identical to its bigger sibling the TRK 502 and features a steel tube trellis frame. This one gets a 17-litre fuel tank. The adventure motorcycle gets 41mm upside down forks and a monoshock with a central damping adjustment with a 51mm travel. Doing braking duties on the Benelli TRK 251 are 280mm single floating disc with 4 piston caliper and 240mm disc with single piston caliper. The 2018 Benelli TRK 251 runs on 17 inch aluminium alloys with 110/70 front and 150/60.rear tyres. All of this, according us, would make the Benelli TRK 251 a comfortable machine on the highways.
Powering the 2018 Benelli TRK 251 is a single cylinder 250cc, 4-stroke, liquid cooled motor that makes 26PS at 9,250rpm and generates a maximum torque of 21Nm at 8,000 rpm. This motor is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
We are not sure on when will the the Benelli TRK 251 arrive in India. Talking about the pricing, since this one is a single-cylinder motorcycle and DSK decides to manufacture it in India, the 2018 Benelli TRK 251 might be priced in a similar price range as the KTM 250 Duke. Benelli also showcased the 302S a sharper looking naked version of the 302R. Additionally, there was a 752S naked. A modern cruiser in the form of 402S as well as a 250cc version of the Leoncino. Benelli also showcased the 400 Imperiale cruiser which appears to be a direct competitor for Royal Enfield's 350cc motorcycles.
Starts Rs 15,99,000
Starts Rs 1,77,638
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign