EICMA 2017: All-new Benelli TRK 251 adventure cruiser showcased
Adventure tourers is the popular flavour at the EICMA 2017 show. We have already seen the new Triumph Tigers, Ducati Multistrada 1260 and the BMW 750/850s. Joining them is Benelli with their all-new TRK 251 adventure cruiser. Yup, there are calling this one that to basically highlight its road biased setup than an off-road centric arrangement.
The 2018 Benelli TRK 251 looks identical to its bigger sibling the TRK 502 and features a steel tube trellis frame. This one gets a 17-litre fuel tank. The adventure motorcycle gets 41mm upside down forks and a monoshock with a central damping adjustment with a 51mm travel. Doing braking duties on the Benelli TRK 251 are 280mm single floating disc with 4 piston caliper and 240mm disc with single piston caliper. The 2018 Benelli TRK 251 runs on 17 inch aluminium alloys with 110/70 front and 150/60.rear tyres. All of this, according us, would make the Benelli TRK 251 a comfortable machine on the highways.
Powering the 2018 Benelli TRK 251 is a single cylinder 250cc, 4-stroke, liquid cooled motor that makes 26PS at 9,250rpm and generates a maximum torque of 21Nm at 8,000 rpm. This motor is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
We are not sure on when will the the Benelli TRK 251 arrive in India. Talking about the pricing, since this one is a single-cylinder motorcycle and DSK decides to manufacture it in India, the 2018 Benelli TRK 251 might be priced in a similar price range as the KTM 250 Duke. Benelli also showcased the 302S a sharper looking naked version of the 302R. Additionally, there was a 752S naked. A modern cruiser in the form of 402S as well as a 250cc version of the Leoncino. Benelli also showcased the 400 Imperiale cruiser which appears to be a direct competitor for Royal Enfield's 350cc motorcycles.
Starts Rs 15,99,000
Starts Rs 1,77,638
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed