EICMA 2017: Benelli Imperiale 400 cruiser debuts
Benelli has just taken the wraps off the Imperiale 400 cruiser at EICMA 2017. The motorcycle is set to take on the likes of Royal Enfield Classic series and is expected to go on sale in India soon. The Benelli Imperiale 400's retro themed styling looks good and it will appeal to those who want to stand out from the sea of Royal Enfields that dot the Indian roads.
The motorcycle employs a double cradle, steel tubular frame.The tear drop shaped tank, with a rubber grip, split seats and chrome bits add to the retro cruiser flavour of the Benelli Imperiale 400. The twin pod instrument cluster looks quite like a mix of modern and retro thanks to the digital screen in between the pods, We think it may be used to display the fuel level as well as other information. The Imperiale 400 is powered by an air-cooled, single-cylinder, fuel-injected motor that displaces 373cc. The motor produces 20PS at 5500rpm and 28Nm at 3500rpm and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
There are disc brakes at the front and rear and ABS is standard. The front disc is a single, 300mm unit with 2-piston floating calipers, and a 240mm disc at the rear.
Benelli has been working on this motorcycle for quite some time and it will be interesting to see how the new, Imperiale 400 performs in our market.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000