EICMA 2017: Ducati 959 Panigale Corse 2018 revealed
Ducati has just taken the wraps off the 959 Panigale Corse at the Ducati Word Premier 2018, in Italy. The Corse edition gets a new paint job, suspension and exhaust, making the bike as close to a proper track ready motorcycle. There, however, are no changes to the 955cc, Superquadro motor that produces 150PS at 10,500rpm and 102Nm at 9,000rpm.
As is the case with all Corse models, the 959 Panigale Corse gets a new paint job, that's inspired by the current Ducati MotoGP machines and it looks quite pretty.
Ducati has also given the new 959 Panigale Corse the full Ohlins treatment. Upfront are 43mm Ohlins NIX30 forks and a TTX46 monoshock at the rear. The suspension, as expected, is fully adjustable.
Ducati has also added a new Ohlins steering damper, while the incorporation of a lightweight, lithium ion racing battery helps reduce weight. The Ducati 959 Panigale Corse is 2.26kg lighter than the standard 959 Panigale. The new, Akarapovic Titanium exhausts, replete with the race bike style gauze at the tip, looks beautiful and has been homologated for road use, as well.
These updates are sure to improve the 959 Panigale Corse's ride quality as well as enhance the track day performance of the motorcycle.
The last time Ducati rolled out special, Corse edition of a mid-weight superbike was the 848 EVO Corse, back in 2013. This makes the new 959 Panigale Corse even more special, especially if you are a die hard Ducati fan.
Starts Rs 14,53,000
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed