EICMA 2017 Exclusive: BMW F750GS and F850GS being seriously considered for India launch in 2018
BMW Motorrad is seriously considering bringing the BMW F750GS and F850GS for India. The BMW F750GS and BMW F850GS have been unveiled at the EICMA 2017 and could be on their way to India in 2018, if the idea is given a green signal. BMW Motorrad intends to bring these two motorcycles to the country via the CBU route from Munich, Germany. However, BMW Motorrad will ensure good pricing for the F750GS and F850GS when they are launched in India, just as they did with the flagship adventure model, BMW R1200GS, earlier. The mid-segment adventure motorcycles from BMW Motorrad have been completely redesigned, the company claims. While the the F750GS is designed for who want to experience a an all-round travel enduro in combination with a low seat height, the F850GS features a more touring-friendly personality with enhanced off-road ability.
The F750GS and F850GS come powered by the same 853cc parallel twin-cylinder engine with a 270-degree firing order, which produces 78PS / 83Nm on the 750, and 96PS / 92Nm on the 850. The engine is housed within a steel bridge monocoque frame. The motorcycles feature ABS, stability control and Rain / Road riding modes as standard.
The two models also feature a 6.5-inch full-colour TFT display. Both motorcycles have been given a sharp profile for an aggressive look. Now that we know these motorcycles will be headed to India, we cannot wait to see the middleweights take on the already available offerings from Honda, Triumph, Ducati and others.
- Review2019 Triumph Speed Twin first ride review
- NewsSkoda India and Volkswagen Group India inaugurate new tech centre under India 2.0
- OpinionWhy the makers do it
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS launched in India at Rs 16.85 lakh, ex-showroom
- News2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched at Rs 36.95 lakh, ex-showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani