EICMA 2017: Harley-Davidson Sport Glide 2018 unveiled
Harley Davidson has taken the wraps off the 2018 Sport Glide at EICMA 2017. The all-new motorcycle features a brand new frame, new suspension as well as raft of modern technologies to make it one of the most modern Harley-Davidsons out there. This after all is the ninth motorcycle in Harley-Davidson's Softail family.
For 2018, the Sport Glide gets a new design with emphasis on making the motorcycle look aggressive. The bike gets an all-new, Manits black colour that contrasts with the silver cast wheels. The blacked out muffler and engine adds to the stealth theme on the motorcycle.
Harley Davison is also offering a front mini-fairing for added wind protection during highway rides. The fairing can be detached easily, when not required. It's the same case with the 25.5-litre (combined) panniers that also have a quick release mechanism. Harley-Davidson says the Sport Glide can be transformed from a tourer to a commuter, by detaching the fairing and bags, in a matter of minutes.
Powering the 2018 Sport Glide is the Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine that produces 146Nm at 2,750rpm. It is said to be pretty smooth.
Harley-Davidson has kitted the Sport Glide with a host of modern features such as a USB port, LED headlamp and key less ignition. The motorcycle comes with cruise control and ABS as standard. Expect Harley Davidson to launch the motorcycle in India soon.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased