EICMA 2017: Harley-Davidson Sport Glide 2018 unveiled
Harley Davidson has taken the wraps off the 2018 Sport Glide at EICMA 2017. The all-new motorcycle features a brand new frame, new suspension as well as raft of modern technologies to make it one of the most modern Harley-Davidsons out there. This after all is the ninth motorcycle in Harley-Davidson's Softail family.
For 2018, the Sport Glide gets a new design with emphasis on making the motorcycle look aggressive. The bike gets an all-new, Manits black colour that contrasts with the silver cast wheels. The blacked out muffler and engine adds to the stealth theme on the motorcycle.
Harley Davison is also offering a front mini-fairing for added wind protection during highway rides. The fairing can be detached easily, when not required. It's the same case with the 25.5-litre (combined) panniers that also have a quick release mechanism. Harley-Davidson says the Sport Glide can be transformed from a tourer to a commuter, by detaching the fairing and bags, in a matter of minutes.
Powering the 2018 Sport Glide is the Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine that produces 146Nm at 2,750rpm. It is said to be pretty smooth.
Harley-Davidson has kitted the Sport Glide with a host of modern features such as a USB port, LED headlamp and key less ignition. The motorcycle comes with cruise control and ABS as standard. Expect Harley Davidson to launch the motorcycle in India soon.
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch