EICMA 2017: Hero MotoCorp teases new adventure bike
The adventure motorcycle segment has been gaining increasing popularity worldwide. And joining the bandwagon (again) is Hero MotoCorp. The Indian motorcycle major has released a teaser image of what looks like an proper off-road biased adventure motorcycle. The upcoming motorcycle will be revealed at the EICMA 2017 while the launch, we believe, should happen sometime next year.
This is not the first time Hero MotoCorp is venturing into the popular segment as the company tried the same with the Impulse. However, the motorcycle, even though did click with some enthusiasts, failed to make a big impact in the country. A lack of powerful engine was seen as one of the main reasons for the low sales of Hero Impulse. Now with the new teaser, we are hoping that Hero MotoCorp comes with an all-new powerful motor along with other bits to make it a promising on/off roader. There have been speculations that the upcoming Hero bike might come with a single-cylinder 200cc unit that was showcased in the Xtreme 200S concept. The only details that one can see from the teaser image of the new motorcycle are spoke wheels, front disc brake and a taller fender.
2012 Hero Impulse
Whether Hero MotoCorp will reveal a production model or just showcase a prototype and will it get a new name or will Hero retain the Impulse model name, all these details will be revealed at the EICMA 2017 show in Milan, Italy. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we will bring live updates from the motor show.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000