EICMA 2017: Hero MotoCorp teases new adventure bike
The adventure motorcycle segment has been gaining increasing popularity worldwide. And joining the bandwagon (again) is Hero MotoCorp. The Indian motorcycle major has released a teaser image of what looks like an proper off-road biased adventure motorcycle. The upcoming motorcycle will be revealed at the EICMA 2017 while the launch, we believe, should happen sometime next year.
This is not the first time Hero MotoCorp is venturing into the popular segment as the company tried the same with the Impulse. However, the motorcycle, even though did click with some enthusiasts, failed to make a big impact in the country. A lack of powerful engine was seen as one of the main reasons for the low sales of Hero Impulse. Now with the new teaser, we are hoping that Hero MotoCorp comes with an all-new powerful motor along with other bits to make it a promising on/off roader. There have been speculations that the upcoming Hero bike might come with a single-cylinder 200cc unit that was showcased in the Xtreme 200S concept. The only details that one can see from the teaser image of the new motorcycle are spoke wheels, front disc brake and a taller fender.
2012 Hero Impulse
Whether Hero MotoCorp will reveal a production model or just showcase a prototype and will it get a new name or will Hero retain the Impulse model name, all these details will be revealed at the EICMA 2017 show in Milan, Italy. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we will bring live updates from the motor show.
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign