EICMA 2017: Hero MotoCorp teases new adventure bike
The adventure motorcycle segment has been gaining increasing popularity worldwide. And joining the bandwagon (again) is Hero MotoCorp. The Indian motorcycle major has released a teaser image of what looks like an proper off-road biased adventure motorcycle. The upcoming motorcycle will be revealed at the EICMA 2017 while the launch, we believe, should happen sometime next year.
This is not the first time Hero MotoCorp is venturing into the popular segment as the company tried the same with the Impulse. However, the motorcycle, even though did click with some enthusiasts, failed to make a big impact in the country. A lack of powerful engine was seen as one of the main reasons for the low sales of Hero Impulse. Now with the new teaser, we are hoping that Hero MotoCorp comes with an all-new powerful motor along with other bits to make it a promising on/off roader. There have been speculations that the upcoming Hero bike might come with a single-cylinder 200cc unit that was showcased in the Xtreme 200S concept. The only details that one can see from the teaser image of the new motorcycle are spoke wheels, front disc brake and a taller fender.
2012 Hero Impulse
Whether Hero MotoCorp will reveal a production model or just showcase a prototype and will it get a new name or will Hero retain the Impulse model name, all these details will be revealed at the EICMA 2017 show in Milan, Italy. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we will bring live updates from the motor show.
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed