EICMA 2017: Hero XPulse Concept makes world debut, possible late-2018 launch in India
Hero MotoCorp has taken the wraps off its Hero XPulse Concept adventure motorcycle. The Hero XPulse is still a concept, but it will be manufactured and sold in India based on the response it garners, Hero MotoCorp says. Seeing the buzz just two teaser images of the Hero XPulse Concept generated over the past week, popularity does not seem to be a problem. The Hero XPulse Concept comes inspired by and derives its technology from the company's racing arm, Hero Motosports Team Rally. However, what is most interesting is that CMD and CEO of Hero, Dr Pawan Munjal said the Xpulse Concept shows the direction in which Hero will ride in in the future. While the company has not confirmed a launch date for India, our sources tell us that the XPulse could reach production between mid to late-2018 powered by the same 200cc motor as the Hero Xtreme 200, also expected in the coming year.
Sources have told OVERDRIVE that the XPulse is a real product with a real strategy, but its launch could take time. The XPulse shares its underpinnings with the Hero Xtreme 200 but receives reinforcements as needed for its intended use.The Hero XPulse at is an extension of the Impulse brand, with which the company had introduced small off-road bikes into the country. The XPulse comes kitted with long-travel suspension with body panels that deliberately seem to resemble the Impulse.
One big highlight up front is the LED headlamp on the Hero XPulse Concept. Hero MotoCorp has also fitted two LED auxiliary lamps on the leg guards. It also gets a flyscreen above the headlamp. The concept adventure motorcycle has been showcased at EICMA 2017 with a matte-finish green paint job with graphics across the tank, while the mechanicals are finished in black, with side panels, leg guards, and mudguards in white.
Hero has also fitted the XPulse Concept with large panniers on either side as well as bag atop the rear seat to showcase its adventure touring intent. Hero will be putting much effort into the development of this Concept into a road-going motorcycle as it aims go from its traditional images as a commuter brand, and move to being an adventure brand.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept