EICMA 2017: Hero XPulse Concept makes world debut, possible late-2018 launch in India
Hero MotoCorp has taken the wraps off its Hero XPulse Concept adventure motorcycle. The Hero XPulse is still a concept, but it will be manufactured and sold in India based on the response it garners, Hero MotoCorp says. Seeing the buzz just two teaser images of the Hero XPulse Concept generated over the past week, popularity does not seem to be a problem. The Hero XPulse Concept comes inspired by and derives its technology from the company's racing arm, Hero Motosports Team Rally. However, what is most interesting is that CMD and CEO of Hero, Dr Pawan Munjal said the Xpulse Concept shows the direction in which Hero will ride in in the future. While the company has not confirmed a launch date for India, our sources tell us that the XPulse could reach production between mid to late-2018 powered by the same 200cc motor as the Hero Xtreme 200, also expected in the coming year.
Sources have told OVERDRIVE that the XPulse is a real product with a real strategy, but its launch could take time. The XPulse shares its underpinnings with the Hero Xtreme 200 but receives reinforcements as needed for its intended use.The Hero XPulse at is an extension of the Impulse brand, with which the company had introduced small off-road bikes into the country. The XPulse comes kitted with long-travel suspension with body panels that deliberately seem to resemble the Impulse.
One big highlight up front is the LED headlamp on the Hero XPulse Concept. Hero MotoCorp has also fitted two LED auxiliary lamps on the leg guards. It also gets a flyscreen above the headlamp. The concept adventure motorcycle has been showcased at EICMA 2017 with a matte-finish green paint job with graphics across the tank, while the mechanicals are finished in black, with side panels, leg guards, and mudguards in white.
Hero has also fitted the XPulse Concept with large panniers on either side as well as bag atop the rear seat to showcase its adventure touring intent. Hero will be putting much effort into the development of this Concept into a road-going motorcycle as it aims go from its traditional images as a commuter brand, and move to being an adventure brand.
- NewsMotoGP: How the 2019 grid has shaped up so far
- NewsVideo worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively