EICMA 2017: Hero XPulse Concept makes world debut, possible late-2018 launch in India
Hero MotoCorp has taken the wraps off its Hero XPulse Concept adventure motorcycle. The Hero XPulse is still a concept, but it will be manufactured and sold in India based on the response it garners, Hero MotoCorp says. Seeing the buzz just two teaser images of the Hero XPulse Concept generated over the past week, popularity does not seem to be a problem. The Hero XPulse Concept comes inspired by and derives its technology from the company's racing arm, Hero Motosports Team Rally. However, what is most interesting is that CMD and CEO of Hero, Dr Pawan Munjal said the Xpulse Concept shows the direction in which Hero will ride in in the future. While the company has not confirmed a launch date for India, our sources tell us that the XPulse could reach production between mid to late-2018 powered by the same 200cc motor as the Hero Xtreme 200, also expected in the coming year.
Sources have told OVERDRIVE that the XPulse is a real product with a real strategy, but its launch could take time. The XPulse shares its underpinnings with the Hero Xtreme 200 but receives reinforcements as needed for its intended use.The Hero XPulse at is an extension of the Impulse brand, with which the company had introduced small off-road bikes into the country. The XPulse comes kitted with long-travel suspension with body panels that deliberately seem to resemble the Impulse.
One big highlight up front is the LED headlamp on the Hero XPulse Concept. Hero MotoCorp has also fitted two LED auxiliary lamps on the leg guards. It also gets a flyscreen above the headlamp. The concept adventure motorcycle has been showcased at EICMA 2017 with a matte-finish green paint job with graphics across the tank, while the mechanicals are finished in black, with side panels, leg guards, and mudguards in white.
Hero has also fitted the XPulse Concept with large panniers on either side as well as bag atop the rear seat to showcase its adventure touring intent. Hero will be putting much effort into the development of this Concept into a road-going motorcycle as it aims go from its traditional images as a commuter brand, and move to being an adventure brand.
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India