EICMA 2017: Honda CB4 Interceptor concept showcased
Honda has had a good outing at EICMA 2017. Alongside production models including the 2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sport and the 2018 Honda CB1000R among others, Honda has also showcased the Honda CB4 Interceptor in Milan, Italy. The Honda CB4 Interceptor is based on the Honda CB4 streetfighter concept showcased at EICMA 2015. However, the CB4 Interceptor is a mix of retro and futuristic styling in a single-seater cafe racer package developed by the Honda R&D facility in Rome. Honda has once again gone for the minimalist styling which we have seen on the CB1000R. The all-matte-black CB4 Interceptor looks stunning from the rear too, with a petite tail section ending in a cowl and sporting a single-sided swingarm.
The CB4 Interceptor is as much a harkening back to faired Hondas from the 1980s as it is an example of futuristic technology. The ring LED headlamp surrounds what appears to be a small turbine fan. This fan converts movement to electricity which powers the touchscreen on the fuel tank of the CB4 Interceptor.
Not to mention the LED surround lighting up the moving fan will give it a rather badass look from the front. While the original CB4 concept was based on the Honda CB650, the CB4 Interceptor appears to be based on the Honda CB1000R, meaning it will carry more grunt than the previous concept and could reach production as cafe racer version of the same. Technical specifications and details remain scarce at the moment.
When the original CB4 concept was showcased at EICMA 2015, Honda had also showcased another concept, which was recently launched as the Honda X-ADV scooter. Going by that, we may be able to expect the CB4 Interceptor hitting the streets in two more years, and the wait could not be any longer.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- FeaturesProduct review: Ixon RS Moto HP gloves
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV
- Review2018 Ford EcoSport S first drive review
- NewsTata Motors' shipments of Indian Army's Safari Storme 4X4 spotted
- NewsTesla releases some of its Model S autonomous driving software to coders
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition
- NewsSpec comparison: Hyundai Creta vs Honda BR-V vs Nissan Terrano vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Renault Captur
- NewsHero Electric planning new EV models to increase sales
- News2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted undisguised at the Nurburgring
- NewsMercedes-AMG launches the GLE 43 4MATIC Coupe OrangeArt and SLC 43 RedArt limited edition cars in India