EICMA 2017: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R SE breaks cover
Kawasaki introduced a new variant of its litre class flagship, the Ninja ZX-10R at EICMA 2017, the Ninja ZX-10R SE. This variant slots in between the base ZX-10R and the homologation special, ZX-10RR. While there are no changes to the engine, the Kawasaki ZX-10R SE gets two new electronic upgrades- an electronic, semi active suspension and bi-directional quickshifter from the ZX-10RR.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is the first Kawasaki motorcycle to feature electronic suspension. Developed with Showa, the Kawasaki Electronic Control Suspension (KECS) adjusts damping as per the road and riding conditions. The reaction time is 1 millisecond which is quicker than a few other electronically controlled suspension systems. KECS uses solenoids to adjust the damper settings instead of stepper motors.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10 SE also gets lightweight 7-spoke Marchesini forged wheels, however, the motorcycle weighs 2kgs more than the standard model, thanks to the semi-active suspension setup.
The SE is only available in this pure-stealth Metallic Flat Spark Black and Metallic Matte Graphite Gray colours.
Starts Rs 12,80,000
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed