EICMA 2017: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R SE breaks cover
Kawasaki introduced a new variant of its litre class flagship, the Ninja ZX-10R at EICMA 2017, the Ninja ZX-10R SE. This variant slots in between the base ZX-10R and the homologation special, ZX-10RR. While there are no changes to the engine, the Kawasaki ZX-10R SE gets two new electronic upgrades- an electronic, semi active suspension and bi-directional quickshifter from the ZX-10RR.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is the first Kawasaki motorcycle to feature electronic suspension. Developed with Showa, the Kawasaki Electronic Control Suspension (KECS) adjusts damping as per the road and riding conditions. The reaction time is 1 millisecond which is quicker than a few other electronically controlled suspension systems. KECS uses solenoids to adjust the damper settings instead of stepper motors.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10 SE also gets lightweight 7-spoke Marchesini forged wheels, however, the motorcycle weighs 2kgs more than the standard model, thanks to the semi-active suspension setup.
The SE is only available in this pure-stealth Metallic Flat Spark Black and Metallic Matte Graphite Gray colours.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018