EICMA 2017: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R SE breaks cover
Kawasaki introduced a new variant of its litre class flagship, the Ninja ZX-10R at EICMA 2017, the Ninja ZX-10R SE. This variant slots in between the base ZX-10R and the homologation special, ZX-10RR. While there are no changes to the engine, the Kawasaki ZX-10R SE gets two new electronic upgrades- an electronic, semi active suspension and bi-directional quickshifter from the ZX-10RR.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is the first Kawasaki motorcycle to feature electronic suspension. Developed with Showa, the Kawasaki Electronic Control Suspension (KECS) adjusts damping as per the road and riding conditions. The reaction time is 1 millisecond which is quicker than a few other electronically controlled suspension systems. KECS uses solenoids to adjust the damper settings instead of stepper motors.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10 SE also gets lightweight 7-spoke Marchesini forged wheels, however, the motorcycle weighs 2kgs more than the standard model, thanks to the semi-active suspension setup.
The SE is only available in this pure-stealth Metallic Flat Spark Black and Metallic Matte Graphite Gray colours.
Starts Rs 18,80,000
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign