EICMA 2017: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R SE breaks cover
Kawasaki introduced a new variant of its litre class flagship, the Ninja ZX-10R at EICMA 2017, the Ninja ZX-10R SE. This variant slots in between the base ZX-10R and the homologation special, ZX-10RR. While there are no changes to the engine, the Kawasaki ZX-10R SE gets two new electronic upgrades- an electronic, semi active suspension and bi-directional quickshifter from the ZX-10RR.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is the first Kawasaki motorcycle to feature electronic suspension. Developed with Showa, the Kawasaki Electronic Control Suspension (KECS) adjusts damping as per the road and riding conditions. The reaction time is 1 millisecond which is quicker than a few other electronically controlled suspension systems. KECS uses solenoids to adjust the damper settings instead of stepper motors.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10 SE also gets lightweight 7-spoke Marchesini forged wheels, however, the motorcycle weighs 2kgs more than the standard model, thanks to the semi-active suspension setup.
The SE is only available in this pure-stealth Metallic Flat Spark Black and Metallic Matte Graphite Gray colours.
Starts Rs 14,30,000
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000