EICMA 2017: Kawasaki unveils the Z900RS Cafe
Kawasaki surprised showgoers at the EICMA 2017 when it unveiled the Z900RS Café, which is based on the Z900RS that was showcased at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. Kawasaki has taken the Z900RS and lowered the handlebar as well as added a café racer fairing. Other bits that add to the café racer theme is the humped seat and the ultra loud, green colour that's exclusive to the Kawasaki Z900RS café. Both the Z900RS and Z900RS Café are inspired by the 1970's Kawasaki Z1 and based on the Z900 street bike.
The Kawasaki Z900 RS Café shares the same, Z900 based, inline-four motor that powers the Z900 RS. The engine in the Z900 makes 125PS, however, in the Z900 RS / Café, the motor has been retuned to make 111PS only. Like the Z900RS, the Z900RS Café also gets traction control and an assist and slip clutch.
The Z900RS/ Café and the Z900 also share the same frame, albeit with a few revisions to the upper portion of the frame to accommodate the Z900RS/ Café's tank shape. The triple clamps have also been revised to shorten the trail. This should result in slightly sharper steering.
If a retro styled, café-racer motorcycle is your thing, the Z900RS Café should surely be on your list of considerations. You, after all, cannot ignore the styling or that green shade, can you?
Starts Rs 7,68,000
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign