EICMA 2017: Kawasaki unveils the Z900RS Cafe
Kawasaki surprised showgoers at the EICMA 2017 when it unveiled the Z900RS Café, which is based on the Z900RS that was showcased at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. Kawasaki has taken the Z900RS and lowered the handlebar as well as added a café racer fairing. Other bits that add to the café racer theme is the humped seat and the ultra loud, green colour that's exclusive to the Kawasaki Z900RS café. Both the Z900RS and Z900RS Café are inspired by the 1970's Kawasaki Z1 and based on the Z900 street bike.
The Kawasaki Z900 RS Café shares the same, Z900 based, inline-four motor that powers the Z900 RS. The engine in the Z900 makes 125PS, however, in the Z900 RS / Café, the motor has been retuned to make 111PS only. Like the Z900RS, the Z900RS Café also gets traction control and an assist and slip clutch.
The Z900RS/ Café and the Z900 also share the same frame, albeit with a few revisions to the upper portion of the frame to accommodate the Z900RS/ Café's tank shape. The triple clamps have also been revised to shorten the trail. This should result in slightly sharper steering.
If a retro styled, café-racer motorcycle is your thing, the Z900RS Café should surely be on your list of considerations. You, after all, cannot ignore the styling or that green shade, can you?
Starts Rs 7,68,000
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000