EICMA 2017: KTM 790 Adventure concept breaks cover
Shortly after unveiling the 2018 KTM 790 Duke, the Austrian manufacturer took the wraps off the 790 Adventure prototype at EICMA 2017. Billed as the motorcycle that closes the gap between KTM's endure and adventure series of motorcycles. The KTM 790 Adventure R gets the same, 799cc, liquid-cooled, Parallel twin engine that debuted in the 790 Duke.
The design is reminiscent of KTM's Dakar conquering motorcycle and it looks purposeful, in every sense of the word. The idea, says KTM, was to create a lightweight, performance oriented, travel endure with a dynamism that's found in larger capacity motorcycles.
The production spec 790 Adventure R is expected to feature LED headlamps, a colour TFT display and advanced electronics, indicating that the motorcycle will feature riding modes to assist riding on tarmac or off the beaten path.
KTM says that the 790 Adventure R will go into production in 2019. The adventure motorcycle segment has witnessed huge growth over the past few years. KTM, in fact stated that it sold 15,000 adventure motorcycles in this year alone. KTM's competitors such as Triumph and BMW have been quite dominant in this segment for long. The Triumph Tiger, now heavily updated for 2018, is quite successful, whereas BMW has just introduced the F750GS and F850GS at EICMA 2017.
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?
- NewsDucati now offering free GoPro action camera on purchase of Multistrada 950 and Scrambler 800
- FeaturesHow the Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak claimed the electric car record at Goodwood
- NewsRenault Captur offered with benefits of upto Rs 81,000 in India
- NewsJK NRC 2018: Surya Varathan crowned Novice Cup Champion