EICMA 2017: KTM 790 Duke 2018 unveiled
After treating us to the prototype at the EICMA last year, KTM has finally taken the wraps off the new 790 Duke at EICMA 2017. The motorcycle features a brand new, 799cc, liquid-cooled parallel-twin motor that develops 105PS at 9,000 rpm and 86Nm at 8,000rpm. Called the LC8c, this is KTM's first parallel-twin motor and has a DOHC head with eight valves, actuated by DLC-coated finger followers. To help keep the vibrations at the minimum, KTM has employed two balancer shafts. The engine is mated to a six-speed transmission.
True to the Duke family ethos, the 790 Duke features radical styling, with minimal body panels. It, however, does not look as edgy as the prototype, but it's close. The 790 Duke employs a steel frame, with the engine as the stressed member, in order to save weight, which stands at 169Kg.
KTM has used WP's suspension at the front and rear. The 43mm, split-function USD forks are adjustable while and the gas charged monoshock at the rear is adjustable for pre-load. Braking duties are handled by twin, 300mm discs at the front with four piston, radially mounted calipers and a 240mm single-disc at the rear, with a two-pot caliper.
The KTM 790 Duke is also pretty well equipped with a suite of electronics. In addition to standard Bosch ABS, the motorcycle also gets cornering ABS. The ABS can be turned off on the rear wheel to engage in some supermoto style riding. Then there's the lean sensitive traction control and riding modes with a special Track mode that is customizable. Other features include a quick-shifter, launch control, full-colour TFT dash and WP steering damper. The KTM My Ride system is available as an optional extra.
Starts Rs 7,68,000
Starts Rs 11,13,000
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch