EICMA 2017: Lambretta debuts new V-Special series
Iconic scooter manufacturer, Lambretta made a comeback with three new models at the EICMA. Christened the V-Special, the company is offering the new scooter with three engine options- V50, V125 and V200. These three scooters will be available in either the fixed fender or flex fender versions. The Lambretta V-special features modern underpinnings. However, the styling is inspired by vintage Lambrettas. The company has teamed up with Austrian design firm KISKA to design the V-Special. The retro styling looks quite appealing, with its edgy lines, boxy headlamp and beak shaped fender. The side panels are replaceable and can be optioned in carbon fibre, if you will.
The Lambretta V-Special features LED lights and ana-digital instrumentation with Bluetooth connectivity. The V-Special also gets a 12V charging socket.
The Lambretta V50 is powered by a 50cc motor that develops 3.5PS and 3.5Nm and has a top speed of 45kmph. The V125 has a 125cc motor that develops 10PS and 9.2Nm while the top of the line V200 gets a 170cc motor that develops 12PS and 12.5Nm. All engines are air-cooled and Euro-IV compliant.
The Lambretta V-Special series is set to go on sale in Europe in 2018 and the manufacturer is expected to make a comeback in India by 2019.
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts