EICMA 2017: Norton Dominator and Norton Commando coming to India in 3-4 months in JV with Kinetic
Norton Motorcycle Company and Kinetic Group have announced a joint venture at EICMA 2017. Kinetic will bring the Norton Dominator and Norton Commando to India as CBUs very soon, within three to four months. More interesting is that with Kinetic will also begin assembling Norton motorcycles in India, bringing them in via the CKD route. The Norton motorcycles will be made in the country with technical assistance from Norton Motorcycle Company, UK. Kinetic Group has also had an alliance with Italian exotic motorcycle maker MV Agusta in 2015. Another Indian brand Mahindra Two Wheelers had also been eyeing a partnership with Norton, but ultimately Kinetic won out. Kinetic will represent the exotic British motorcycle brand in Southeast Asia.
Norton and Kinetic jointly showcased the Norton Commando and Norton Dominator motorcycles at EICMA. Both the models come powered by a 961cc air/oil-cooled parallel twin with fuel injection. The engine produces 80PS / 90Nm on both motorcycles.
The Norton Commando takes its design inspiration from the original 1967 model
The Norton Dominator employs a truly unique build with the use of modern exotic carbon fiber and other materials while maintaining an air of old-school charm with its classic cafe racer styling. It is priced at around $ 29,000 (Rs 18.85 lakh approx).
The Norton Commando meanwhile, uses the same engine as the Dominator, but is a relatively more affordable package available in two styles - Cafe Racer, and Sport. The Commando's styling is inspired by its 1967 namesake. It is priced at around $ 20,000 (Rs 13 lakh approx).
Norton's latest model is the Norton V4 RR, a drool-worthy race-spec motorcycle developed at the Isle of TT circuit. It has full carbon fiber bodywork and comes powered by a mad V4 engine that produces 200-plus PS and 130Nm. This may come to India at a later stage as well.
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed