EICMA 2017: Suzuki SV650X is a cafe-racer inspired motorcycle
Suzuki has added another motorcycle to its SV650 lineup at the EICMA 2017. Called the Suzuki SV650X, the neo-retro cafe racer is inspired by the SV 650 Rally Concept showcased at the Osaka Motor Show in 2016. Suzuki says that the SV650X pays homage to the tarmac rally cars from 70s. Built on the Suzuki SV650 platform, the Suzuki SV650X brings in a tinted screen for the bikini fairing, clip-ons and a scooped in seat. There are twin discs at the front with a single one at the rear and needless to say, these have dual-channel ABS.
The Suzuki SV650X makes use of the familiar 75PS/64Nm V-twin engine as the standard SV650, and gets Suzuki's low-rpm assist and easy-start system (Suzuki offers this on the Access 125 scooter too). There are also new, preload adjustable front forks and Suzuki says that the entire SV range will get this for the MY 2018. Expect the Suzuki SV650X to go on sale in European markets early next year.
Starts Rs 55,045
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign