EICMA 2017: Suzuki SV650X is a cafe-racer inspired motorcycle
Suzuki has added another motorcycle to its SV650 lineup at the EICMA 2017. Called the Suzuki SV650X, the neo-retro cafe racer is inspired by the SV 650 Rally Concept showcased at the Osaka Motor Show in 2016. Suzuki says that the SV650X pays homage to the tarmac rally cars from 70s. Built on the Suzuki SV650 platform, the Suzuki SV650X brings in a tinted screen for the bikini fairing, clip-ons and a scooped in seat. There are twin discs at the front with a single one at the rear and needless to say, these have dual-channel ABS.
The Suzuki SV650X makes use of the familiar 75PS/64Nm V-twin engine as the standard SV650, and gets Suzuki's low-rpm assist and easy-start system (Suzuki offers this on the Access 125 scooter too). There are also new, preload adjustable front forks and Suzuki says that the entire SV range will get this for the MY 2018. Expect the Suzuki SV650X to go on sale in European markets early next year.
Starts Rs 55,045
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000