EICMA 2017: Yamaha MT-09 SP looks concept-ish but is a production model
If you've been to motor shows, you will end up seeing concept motorcycles and few production one that will leave you in awe. The new Yamaha MT-09 SP is a mix of both. It's silhouette harks back to the other motorcycles in the MT range, however, there is still a concept-ish angle to it. Take a close look at those headlamps and you will definitely agree. While the Yamaha MT-09 SP does take some design elements from the regular MT-09, it borrows its hardware from the bigger MT-10 SP. The Yamaha MT-09 SP goes on sale across Europe this January and could make a surprise entry at the 2018 Auto Expo too.
Motivation for the Yamaha MT-09 SP, as is obvious, comes from the MT-10. This includes the Silver Blu Carbon colour scheme, SP graphics, blue-black colour for the front fender and twin LED DRLs as well as headlights. To go with the entire theme, Yamaha has also added blue alloy wheels as well as a blue stitching for the seats. New to the Yamaha MT-09 SP also is the white on black LCD display. Ohlins supplies the rear monoshock assembly while there is also the new front forks with revised rebound and compression damping.
Powering the Yamaha MT-09 SP is the 115PS, 847cc t3-cylinder crossplane motor. However, helping the engine put all that power onto the road is a new set of electronics that again are borrowed from the MT-10 SP. These include a slipper clutch, quick shifter, adjustable engine modes and switchable traction control.
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil