EICMA 2017: Yamaha MT-09 SP looks concept-ish but is a production model
If you've been to motor shows, you will end up seeing concept motorcycles and few production one that will leave you in awe. The new Yamaha MT-09 SP is a mix of both. It's silhouette harks back to the other motorcycles in the MT range, however, there is still a concept-ish angle to it. Take a close look at those headlamps and you will definitely agree. While the Yamaha MT-09 SP does take some design elements from the regular MT-09, it borrows its hardware from the bigger MT-10 SP. The Yamaha MT-09 SP goes on sale across Europe this January and could make a surprise entry at the 2018 Auto Expo too.
Motivation for the Yamaha MT-09 SP, as is obvious, comes from the MT-10. This includes the Silver Blu Carbon colour scheme, SP graphics, blue-black colour for the front fender and twin LED DRLs as well as headlights. To go with the entire theme, Yamaha has also added blue alloy wheels as well as a blue stitching for the seats. New to the Yamaha MT-09 SP also is the white on black LCD display. Ohlins supplies the rear monoshock assembly while there is also the new front forks with revised rebound and compression damping.
Powering the Yamaha MT-09 SP is the 115PS, 847cc t3-cylinder crossplane motor. However, helping the engine put all that power onto the road is a new set of electronics that again are borrowed from the MT-10 SP. These include a slipper clutch, quick shifter, adjustable engine modes and switchable traction control.
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19