EICMA 2018: 2019 Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory has been unveiled with 217PS
Aprilia has unveiled the 2019 edition of its flagship supersport motorcycle, the Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory. This motorcycle has received a number of mechanical tweaks.
The most notable of these changes is that the motorcycle now has a 1074cc V4 engine which now makes 217PS and 122Nm. This has been achieved by new pistons and a bore increase from 78 to 81mm. This extra 100cc has released 16PS over last year's bike. There is also a larger oil pump and new oil duct and the rev limiter has now been set at 13,600rpm. The fifth and sixth gears also now have longer ratios.
Other mechanical changes are the Ohlins NIX forks which have gained 5mm of travel and the wheelbase has been shortened by 4mm. Braking duties are handled by new Brembo Stylema callipers. There is also a new lightweight titanium Akrapovic exhaust system as standard and a lighter Bosch lithium-ion battery, bringing the weight down to 199 kgs.
The exterior design remains mostly unchanged, other than new carbon fibre bits. The most striking of these are the new carbon winglets on the front fairing which add downforce. Carbon fibre has also been added to the front mudguard, the side panels and the exhaust terminal guard.
The full suite of electronic aids are available, including traction control, three levels of wheelie control, launch controls, pit limiter and cornering ABS. There is also a V4-MP data logging system available and an improved TFT instrument cluster.
The Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory is also available in a new silver and grey colour scheme. The Aprilia's closest competitors are the Ducati Panigale V4 and the BMW S1000RR.
Starts Rs 20,99,000
Starts Rs 14,57,000
Starts Rs 20,57,000
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS launched in India at Rs 16.85 lakh, ex-showroom
- News2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched at Rs 36.95 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Toyota Camry launch in India
- NewsDakar 2019: Heroic Toby Price powers through to second Dakar win
- NewsDakar 2019: Nasser Al-Attiyah takes third Dakar crown
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani