EICMA 2018: 2019 Kawasaki W800 Cafe showcased
At the ongoing EICMA 2018 show, Kawasaki showcased the new-gen W800 Cafe and confirmed that will be a part of the company's portfolio on sale in the US. The new-age Kawasaki W800 Cafe pays a homage to the original W1 that was on sale in the 1960s. A retro classic design paired with modern day electronics and updates, the 2019 Kawasaki W800 Cafe is aimed at the growing sport-heritage scene in the US. The model makes a comeback after the company stopped selling it in 2001 with the W650.
Powering the 2019 Kawasaki W800 Cafe is a 773cc air-cooled parallel-twin engine. This unit has a borexstroke dimensions of 77x83.0mm. It is being said that this unit will offer a strong low and mid range torque. Kawasaki has worked on the design of the engine to offer higher flywheel intertia with long intake funnels paired with 34mm throttle bodies. The engine is equipped with bevel gear cam drive and SOHC four-valve-per-head design. As seen from the images, the cylinder head is done in a lustrous shade of aluminium while the engine is finished in matte black.
In terms of design, the 2019 Kawasaki W800 gets a retro design with a muscular fuel tank and chrome treated exhaust with long tail pipes. Kawasaki is also said to have worked on the exhausts to make sure the engine produces a throaty exhaust much like the classic W1.
While the double-cradle steel frame of the 2019 Kawasaki W800 does look similar to that of the W1, the Japanese motorcycle manufacturer has fine tuned it using advanced dynamic analysis software to improve the rigidity of the frame. This has resulted in a better ride quality, improved handling with the help of a 41mm telescopic fork and dual shocks. The braking duties are taken care of by single 320mm front disc and a 270mm rear disc with ABS offered as standard. Much like the original 1965 Kawasaki W1, the modern day W800 rides on 18-inch spoke wheels.
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh