EICMA 2018: BMW F 850 GS Adventure unveiled
BMW introduced the middleweight adventure offerings, the F 750 GS and the F 850 GS at the EICMA 2017. Both these motorcycles were launched in India at the 2018 Auto Expo priced at Rs 12.2 lakh for the F 750 GS and Rs 13.75 lakh for the F 850 GS. And now, BMW Motorrad has revealed the 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure at the 2018 EICMA.
As the name suggests, the 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure is a more off-road biased version of the regular F 850 GS and is being looked at as a replacement of the F 800 GS Adventure. The 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure comes equipped with a larger fuel tank, auxiliary lights, bigger windscreen, reworked bash plate design and crash bars. The rear subframe has been made stronger to offer a better support to the pillion as well as the luggage. It should be known that the 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure is 15kg heavier than the standard model and has a kerb weight of 244kg. Since this one will be taller and wider, the BMW F 850 GS Adventure gets additional suspension travel, making it more suitable for off-road and trail riding.
The fuel tank has been placed in the classic position between the seat and the steering head, for optimised packaging and an improved centre of gravity. In the F 850 GS Adventure, it holds 23 litres and permits a range of 550 kilometres and more in combination with the model's low fuel consumption. It comes with wide Enduro footrests, adjustable shift and foot brake levers as well as engine protection bars and a stainless steel luggage rack round off the F 850 GS Adventure's standard equipment. In addition to the basic version, the new F 850 GS Adventure is available in Exclusive and Rallye style variations.
Whether different seat heights, such as the seat bench for two (corresponds to standard F 850 GS seat bench), the case holder for the aluminium cases and trim panels, the new full LED headlight as well as the LED additional headlight, the Connectivity equipment with 6.5 inch full colour TFT display or the intelligent emergency eCall, there will be a host of accessory and customisation options that will be available on the 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure.
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019