EICMA 2018: Ducati Diavel 1260 and S details out!
At the Ducati World Première 2019, Ducati has showcased the new Diavel 1260. Back in 2010, when Ducati had unveiled the Diavel, it was an unconventional offering by Ducati. Also, there was nothing like it in any segment. Ducati claims that the new-gen Diavel 1260 remains faithful to the original spirit of that incredibly special bike, drawing on its key styling elements and putting a decidedly more contemporary slant on them. The 2019 Ducati 1260 gets a pronounced design, better performance and offers greater comfort for rider and passenger alike. While the Ducati Diavel 1260 will reach international dealerships early next year, we can hope that Ducati India would launch the same sometime during 2019.
The sport-naked offering from Ducati comes with a Testastretta DVT 1262 engine, that is capable of delivering 159 hp at 9,500rpm and generate 129Nm at 7,500rpm. The Italian brand mentions that an immensely satisfying torque curve ensures both breathtaking acceleration and a low-rev smoothness that's ideal for everyday riding or touring. It gets an upgraded chassis set-up that makes the 2019 Ducati Diavel 1260 more responsive on mixed-road routes while top-drawer technology and electronics provide braking performance on a par with that of a sport bike (and does so safely, thanks to Bosch Cornering ABS). The riding position and power cruiser ergonomics help make this motorcycle distinct from the other offerings in the market. The chassis set-up consists of a new tubular steel Trellis frame that blends in with another Diavel hallmark, the 17-inch inch rear wheel with its 240mm wide tyre.
These changes have resulted in better handling, surprising lean angles and outstanding comfort, states Ducati. A sportier S version of the Diavel 1260 features fully adjustable Öhlins suspension at both front and rear, dedicated wheels and an even higher-performance braking system. Moreover, the S version mounts Ducati Quick Shift up & down Evo (DQS) as standard to allow clutchless shifting.
Starts Rs 16,15,000
Starts Rs 14,57,000
Starts Rs 20,57,000
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip