EICMA 2018: Kawasaki reveals new 400 streetfighter
Further diversifying their street motorcycle portfolio, Kawasaki has debuted the Z400 in Milan. Of course, it's styled with a heavy dose of the Sugomi design language, as seen on the Z900, though it doesn't look as aggressive. The streetfighter is the naked version of the Ninja 400 - everything from the trellis frame, to the sub frame, cycle parts and 399cc twin cylinder motor is shared between the two motorcycles. As for specs, the naked Z400 is claimed to make 45PS and 38Nm torque, compared to the 49PS of the Ninja 400. It has standard ABS, a six-speed gearbox and an added slipper clutch. Losing the fairing has resulted in the Z400 weighing 167kg wet, compared to the India-spec Ninja 400 at 173kg wet.
The new Z400 is the perfect candidate for an Indian launch in the coming months, though it will have to be competitively priced, if it is to have a fighting chance. For reference, the faired Ninja 300 recently saw a price adjustment to Rs 2.98 lakh, ex-showroom, while the larger Ninja 400 still retails for 4.69 lakh, ex-showroom. The smaller-engined naked, the Z250, is priced at Rs 3.08 lakh, ex-showroom, with the middleweight Z650 carrying a tag of Rs 5.29 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Z400 gets new digi-analogue instrumentation and raised handlebars
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh