EICMA 2018: KTM 790 Adventure and R models unveiled, launch in India next year?
We are sure you are tuned to out exhaustive coverage of the EICMA 2018 show. Motorcycle manufacturers like Ducati, MV Agusta, Kawasaki and Hero MotoCorp have showcased their upcoming motorcycles. However, there was one company that most of us were looking at and that is KTM. It had been speculated that the KTM 390 Adventure would make its first public appearance at the EICMA 2018.Sadly, that has not happened on that. Instead, KTM has showcased the 790 Adventure and its extreme R versions. While there is no official word from KTM, we can just hope that these machines arrive at our shore sometime next year.
There is a separate touring-oriented package or KTM 790 Adventure base variant, as seen on its larger 1090 and 1290 Adventure siblings. It features a larger windscreen. The large Dakar-style display from the R prototype has also been downsized on this one. The front mudguard now sits conventionally around the tyre, instead of the floating type seen earlier, and the seat is a split unit. here is also a large shroud covering the engine as seen on the prototype, which is usually found on rally-spec motorcycles. Like its larger Adventure S siblings, this motorcycle will also sport 19-inch front and 17-inch rear spoked wheels, and not the 21 front and 18 rear wheels with knobbies of the R. The KTM 790 Adventure is an important motorcycle for the Austrian motorcycle maker, for, it bridges the gap between its Enduro series and larger 1090 and 1290 Adventure series motorcycles.
The 790 Adventure shares its 799cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin motor with the KTM 790 Duke, although it may be tuned differently to the former's intended usage. According to OVERDRIVE's earlier reports, we will see the 790 Duke in Indiabefore the Adventure model line comes here.
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh