EICMA 2018: KTM 790 Adventure and R models unveiled, launch in India next year?
We are sure you are tuned to out exhaustive coverage of the EICMA 2018 show. Motorcycle manufacturers like Ducati, MV Agusta, Kawasaki and Hero MotoCorp have showcased their upcoming motorcycles. However, there was one company that most of us were looking at and that is KTM. It had been speculated that the KTM 390 Adventure would make its first public appearance at the EICMA 2018.Sadly, that has not happened on that. Instead, KTM has showcased the 790 Adventure and its extreme R versions. While there is no official word from KTM, we can just hope that these machines arrive at our shore sometime next year.
There is a separate touring-oriented package or KTM 790 Adventure base variant, as seen on its larger 1090 and 1290 Adventure siblings. It features a larger windscreen. The large Dakar-style display from the R prototype has also been downsized on this one. The front mudguard now sits conventionally around the tyre, instead of the floating type seen earlier, and the seat is a split unit. here is also a large shroud covering the engine as seen on the prototype, which is usually found on rally-spec motorcycles. Like its larger Adventure S siblings, this motorcycle will also sport 19-inch front and 17-inch rear spoked wheels, and not the 21 front and 18 rear wheels with knobbies of the R. The KTM 790 Adventure is an important motorcycle for the Austrian motorcycle maker, for, it bridges the gap between its Enduro series and larger 1090 and 1290 Adventure series motorcycles.
The 790 Adventure shares its 799cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin motor with the KTM 790 Duke, although it may be tuned differently to the former's intended usage. According to OVERDRIVE's earlier reports, we will see the 790 Duke in Indiabefore the Adventure model line comes here.
- NewsRudratej Singh former Royal Enfield global president - appointed president and CEO of BMW Group India
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!