EICMA 2018: Updated Ducati Multistrada 950 heading to India next year
In July this year, Ducati India launched the Multistrada 1260 at Rs 15.99 lakh (ex-showroom), while the Multistrada 1260 S has been priced at Rs 18.06 lakh (ex-showroom). The new Ducati Multistrada 1260 had made its premiere at the Ducati World Premiere, just before EICMA 2017 in Milan, Italy. Further, the Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro was revealedwith the bigger, more powerful, 1,262cc Testastretta V-twin engine with variable valve timing technology dubbed the Desmodromic Variable Timing or DVT. And now the Italian motorcycle manufacturer has revealed the 2019 Ducati Multistrada 950 at the ongoing EICMA 2018 show. Itwill be available in two versions, standard and S. The S will also be available with spoke wheels.
It can be seen that the 2019 Ducati Multistrada 950 gets cosmetic updates over the present offering. The changes include updated fairing design that has been tweaked to make it resemble that of the 1260. Further, the knuckle guard and the swingarm too have been given a colour update with an aluminium finish. The Multistrada 950 engine is the 113PS 90° V-twin displacing 937cc, exactly like the one in the Hypermotard down to the gearbox. It gets a slip-assist clutch, does not get Ducati's variable valve timing and is, naturally, fuel-injected, liquid-cooled and has ride-by-wire. The 2018 Ducati Multistrada 950 comes equipped with an hydraulic clutch instead of the cable-operated system, similar to what the the company did the new Scramblers.
The 2019 Ducati Multistrada 950 S comes with DSS EVO active suspension that electronically adjusts the suspension settings according to the riding conditions as well as depending on the load. Additionally, it gets ABS Cornering Bosch, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Cornering Lights, Vehicle Hold Control, Ducati Quick Shifter, Cruise control, Hands-Free, Backlit handlebar switches, 5-inch TFT colour display, Full LED headlight and Self cancelling turn indicator
Starts Rs 12,84,000
Starts Rs 15,95,000
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India