EICMA 2019: Ducati showcases off-road centric Desert X and Supermoto Scrambler concepts
Italian motorcycle manufacturer Ducati has brought two different off-road centric concepts, the Desert X and the Supermoto at the ongoing EICMA 2019 show in Milan, Italy. These two offerings were a part of the exhaustive Scrambler update that was showcased at the motor show. When do we see these concepts turn into production ready motorcycles? Not anytime soon, unless Ducati proves us wrong and releases test mules of the same sometime next year. For now, here's what we know of the two concepts.
The Ducati Desert X is essentially the company's interpretation of a Dakar bike that can be ridden on any kind of terrain. Basically the BMW GS and the Honda Africa Twin territory, where the brand has not any presence so far, except for the Ducati Desert Sled. The Desert X uses the Scrambler 1100 as the base motorcycle and gets its styling from the Dakar Rally bikes of yesteryears that can be seen with the retro styled half fairing, LED lights and also an engine cover along with a compact windscreen. It also gets additional fuel tanks for longer mileage, rally styled upswept exhaust, knuckle guards and a single-seat set-up. The Desert X comes with 19-inch front and 17-inch rear wheels. The technical specifications of the Ducati Desert X is yet to be unveiled, however, it is already known that 85.6PS/88Nm making Ducati's Desmodromic 1,079cc L-Twin motor will be powering this one, that will be EuroV compliant.
Moving on to the other concept, Ducati showcased the Supermoto concept that is based on the Scrambler 800. And it definitely looks fun if going sideways on tarmac is your thing. Going by the looks of it, Ducati Supermoto comes with an off-road fender, rally number plate and slick rubber. Powering the Supermoto will be the 73PS/67Nm EuroV compliant Scrambler Icon.
Kawasaki Z Motorcycles and Ninja 650 At Eicma 2019
India-Bound Suzuki V-Strom 1050 & 1050 XT Showcased At EICMA 2019
Ducati Streetfighter V4 Showcased At EICMA Motor Show 2019
New Range-Topping Honda Fireblade Triple-R Showcased At EICMA 2019
Starts Rs 7,89,000
Starts Rs 7,46,577
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055