EICMA 2019: Suzuki confirms 2020 V-Strom 1000, could be heading to India
Japanese motorcycle major Suzuki was teasing a new motorcycle on its social platforms that did drop hints of an ADV. While there were speculations, Suzuki put it to rest with the new video of the 2020 V-Strom 1000 that will be showcased at the EICMA show in the first week of November. This will be a major upgrade for Suzuki's flagship ADV offering since its launch in 2014. There has a lot that has changed in terms of design but most importantly the new V-Strom 1000 will comply with the upcoming stricter emission norms.
In terms of design, the 2020 V-Strom 1000 sports a new LED headlight, replacing the previous halogen unit for a more Katana inspired rectangular setup, which looks retro cool and distinct compared to the other ADV offerings. The side panels have been tweaked too that do add an aesthetic touch and should contribute the functional requirement as well. The fuel tank's profile too has been reworked much in line with the original DR Big. Further, the teaser video also shows an updated new age LCD display that looks much larger in size and should also have better options than the previous. From the video, one can also see that Suzuki has worked on the off-road centric foot pegs, new engine casing as well as new rubber pads.
Mentioning of the engine that could be used in the 2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1000, the only thing that we are sure of for now is that it will comply with the Euro-V emission norms. Presently, the 1,037cc motor puts out 101PS at 8,000rpm and generates 101Nm at 4,000rpm. Whether Suzuki sticks to these performance numbers or gives them a bump is something that we believe will be confirmed at the 2019 EICMA show.
Starts Rs 7,46,577
- NewsBajaj-KTM developing e-mopeds for India, expected launch in 2022
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers pledges support to its dealerships
- NewsMahindra Scorpio BSVI: What has changed?
- NewsIs this the end of the road for Volkswagen Ameo?
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Jawa factory produces face shields
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055