Elon Musk, SpaceX and Tesla head, challenges Daimler to invest $10bn in electric cars
The name Elon Musk is all about electrifying updates. Be it about his electric car brand, Tesla or his Space exploration and transportation services, SpaceX. Elon Musk recently challenged Mercedes-Benz parent, Daimler AG to invest $10bn for electric cars, instead of the laters announcement to put in $1bn for the same. The German automobile brand has committed an initial investment of $1bn that it plans to use to manufacture electric cars at its Alabama facility. This announcement attracted Elon's attention to which he posted a counter-response, "not a lot of money for a giant like Daimler/Mercedes. Wish they'd do more. Off by a zero." For those who are aware of Elon Musk's active social updates, this doesn't come as a surprise.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk at the opening of the company's first Supercharger fast charge station in the UK. Musk hopes the more freely available patents will speed up EV development
But then a day after, Daimler replied that Musk was right and they plan to invest $10bn with an additional $1bn that will be invested only for the production of battery for electric cars. Elon Musk has also revealed his plans of sending cargo ships to Mars in the next five years. Musk's company SpaceX is also working on human transportation from anywhere to anywhere on Earth in half an hour using rockets. This announcement was made at the 68th International Astronautical Congress on Friday in Adelaide, Australia.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV gets a Sports Limited Edition package
- NewsFIA Formula E: Mahindra Racing returns to site of their first win - the Berlin ePrix
- NewsHyundai could offer 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine in Elite i20 and Verna in near future
- NewsHyundai could debut N performance brand in India by 2022
- NewsIndia bound third-generation Toyota Corolla scores five stars in Euro NCAP