Elon Musk, SpaceX and Tesla head, challenges Daimler to invest $10bn in electric cars
The name Elon Musk is all about electrifying updates. Be it about his electric car brand, Tesla or his Space exploration and transportation services, SpaceX. Elon Musk recently challenged Mercedes-Benz parent, Daimler AG to invest $10bn for electric cars, instead of the laters announcement to put in $1bn for the same. The German automobile brand has committed an initial investment of $1bn that it plans to use to manufacture electric cars at its Alabama facility. This announcement attracted Elon's attention to which he posted a counter-response, "not a lot of money for a giant like Daimler/Mercedes. Wish they'd do more. Off by a zero." For those who are aware of Elon Musk's active social updates, this doesn't come as a surprise.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk at the opening of the company's first Supercharger fast charge station in the UK. Musk hopes the more freely available patents will speed up EV development
But then a day after, Daimler replied that Musk was right and they plan to invest $10bn with an additional $1bn that will be invested only for the production of battery for electric cars. Elon Musk has also revealed his plans of sending cargo ships to Mars in the next five years. Musk's company SpaceX is also working on human transportation from anywhere to anywhere on Earth in half an hour using rockets. This announcement was made at the 68th International Astronautical Congress on Friday in Adelaide, Australia.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000