Elon Musk unveils the production-spec Tesla Model 3
After promising last week that the Tesla Model 3 production model will start rolling out on July 9, Elon Musk has now released images of the car. The most affordable Tesla model will find 30 new homes initially on July 28, with a gala event being planned for the handover.
Musk had mentioned in his tweet that production of the Model 3 will increase gradually. August 2017 will see 20 Model 3s being produced, 1,500 in September and 20k units by December. Tesla has apparently got more than four lakh orders on their hands and it might be a challenge for the American company to fulfill all those bookings. With a price tag of $35,000, the Tesla Model 3 aims to capture the market share rapidly. In a nutshell, the Model 3 dispatches 0-100kmph in around 5.4s and will cover approximately 215km on a single charge. For some additional moolah, Tesla is generous enough to equip the Model 3 with AutoPilot technology too.
In India, Tesla is planning to make inroads, however the government policies as well as finding investors is working out to be a hard task. However, we hope that in due course, Tesla will make its way down to India.
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review