Engine spec comparision: new Hyundai Santro vs Renault Kwid vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
We've just had our first impressions of the new for 2018 Hyundai Santro. The new Santro gets an all-new motor too and we thought we let you know how this motor compares to the engine found in a couple of other cars the Santro might go up against, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the Renault Kwid.
The new Santro is powered by a 1.1l four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that puts out 69PS@5,500rpm and 99Nm@4,500rpm. The engine can be specified with a 5-speed manual transmission or a 5-speed automated manual (AMT) gearbox. Hyundai claims a top speed of 150kmph and a fuel economy of 20.3kmpl for this engine.
In comparison, the higher variants of the Renault Kwid come with a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder motor that makes 68PS of power at 5,500rpm and generates 91Nm at 4,250rpm. This motor can also be availed with an option between a 5-speed manual transmission or an AMT unit.
The new ground clearance of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio facelift after the recent ARAI revisions came in now stands at 120mn. Don't be alarmed! This is taken with the vehicle's gross weight and not the unladen as was the method earlier
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio, on the other hand, is priced at a slight premium over what we expect the Santro's price to be. The hatchback starts at Rs 4.2 lakh against the expected Rs 3.5 lakh entry price of the Santro. Like the Kwid, the Celerio too is powered by a 1.0-litre three-cylinder motor. This makes 68PS but has a slightly lower torque output than the other two at 90 Nm.
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000