Engine spec comparision: new Hyundai Santro vs Renault Kwid vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
We've just had our first impressions of the new for 2018 Hyundai Santro. The new Santro gets an all-new motor too and we thought we let you know how this motor compares to the engine found in a couple of other cars the Santro might go up against, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the Renault Kwid.
The new Santro is powered by a 1.1l four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that puts out 69PS@5,500rpm and 99Nm@4,500rpm. The engine can be specified with a 5-speed manual transmission or a 5-speed automated manual (AMT) gearbox. Hyundai claims a top speed of 150kmph and a fuel economy of 20.3kmpl for this engine.
In comparison, the higher variants of the Renault Kwid come with a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder motor that makes 68PS of power at 5,500rpm and generates 91Nm at 4,250rpm. This motor can also be availed with an option between a 5-speed manual transmission or an AMT unit.
The new ground clearance of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio facelift after the recent ARAI revisions came in now stands at 120mn. Don't be alarmed! This is taken with the vehicle's gross weight and not the unladen as was the method earlier
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio, on the other hand, is priced at a slight premium over what we expect the Santro's price to be. The hatchback starts at Rs 4.2 lakh against the expected Rs 3.5 lakh entry price of the Santro. Like the Kwid, the Celerio too is powered by a 1.0-litre three-cylinder motor. This makes 68PS but has a slightly lower torque output than the other two at 90 Nm.
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?