Euro-IV Royal Enfield range with ABS launched in UK
Royal Enfield has been working on Euro-IV engines and adding ABS to its entire range for quite sometime. They also displayed the same at the EICMA 2016. And now the Chennai-based motorcycle maker has launched its updated range in the UK. These motorcycles include the 2017 iterations of the Bullet 500, Classic 500, Continental GT and its latest offering, the Himalayan. The entire range now comes with dual-channel ABS as standard. All these motorcycles are manufactured at the company's Oragadam factory in Chennai.
At EICMA 2016, the company stated that the rest of the range will get ABS and Euro-IV compatibility by early 2017. The Euro-IV compliant Royal Enfield Continental GT makes use of a 535cc motor that puts out 29.1PS at 5,100rpm and generates 44Nm at 4,000rpm. These numbers are identical to the BS-III models sold in India. The same applies for the Euro-IV Classic 500, Bullet 500 and the Himalayan.
While there is no official word from Royal Enfield India, we expect the brand's Euro-IV compliant motorcycles to make it to our shores by the end of this year after it becomes a regulation in the country. In addition, Royal Enfield UK has equipped the Classic 500 and the Bullet 500 with rear disc brakes which is not offered in the company's Indian line-up.
The updated UK prices are £4,699 (Rs 3.87 lakh) for Royal Enfield Classic 500, £5,199 (Rs 4.28 lakh) for Continental GT, £3,999 (Rs 3.29 lakh) for Bullet 500 and £9,999 (Rs 8.24 lakh) for Himalayan. These prices are the same as before, which means when these models are marketed here, expect just a slight rise in price. Last month, Royal Enfield launched the Classic 350 Redditch series, inspired by the paint schemes of its motorcycles produced in Redditch, United Kingdom, during the 1950s.
Starts Rs 1,16,476
Starts Rs 1,75,687
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally