EVI Technologies partners with BSNL for EV charging infrastructure
The company said in the statement that under the agreement, EVIT will make the entire upfront investment on services pertaining to the MoU, along with the operation and maintenance of the battery swapping infrastructure by using qualified personnel. The telecom operator, BSNL would be responsible for providing the requisite space and power connections for installing the battery swapping infrastructure.
Rupesh Kumar, CEO of EVI Technologies said, "As our country strives towards 100 per cent electric vehicle nation, a lot of EV customers are left out simply because of less charging infrastructure. Our to-be-developed infrastructure at BSNL will reduce range anxiety among EV consumers and accelerate the adoption of EVs across India."
Manoj Kumar Mishra, CGM, BSNL Maharashtra said that the initiative of EVIT and BSNL will help to promote clean energy and reduce carbon emissions.
The launch of the first charging station is planned in the month of February 2020 in Maharastra and Haryana. EVIT was founded in June 2017 and incubated by Electropreneur Park which is funded & Supported by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300