Exclusive: 2017 Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750 launch imminent in India
Harley-Davidson has quietly slipped in a new iteration of the 750 called the 2017 Street Rod 750. The company has not still announced its pricing, but we believe the 2017 Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750 will be priced at Rs 50,000-75,000 more than the regular Street 750.
The Street Rod 750 shares its underpinnings with the Street 750 but gets an all-new design. The new motorcycle takes its design inspiration from the Harley-Davidson XR1200X that can be seen with the new fairing, split-seat design and rear panel. The Street Rod 750 gets drag-style handlebars with bar-end mirrors. The Street Rod 750 measures 2,130mm in length (-85mm) while the ground clearance is 205mm (+60mm). The wheelbase of the Street Rod 750 is 1,510mm (-10mm). The Street Rod 750 features LED tail lights and turn indicators. It gets a 3.5-inch electronic speedometer with odometer and trip meter.
It also comes with new 43mm inverted front forks and rear piggyback shocks that Harley claims to offer increased suspension travel and are tuned for a sportier ride and greater lean angles. The Street Rod 750 gets dual-disc brakes - and ABS is likely to be a standard feature. The Street Rod 750's front-wheel size is same at 17-inch; however, it now runs on 120/70-section tyres as opposed to 100/80 in the regular model. The rear gets a 17-inch instead of the 15-inch that runs on 160/60 as compared to 150/70. The Street Rod 750 weighs 229kg which is 6kg more than the regular version.
More importantly, the Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750 comes with the new High Output Revolution X 750 engine. Though the engine bore and stroke are identical, the power output of the new motor is 18 per cent more than that of the regular Street 750. The torque rating too has gone up by eight per cent. The 749cc motor now puts out 62Nm at 4,000rpm. The compression ratio too has been updated from 11:1 to 12:1. The gear rations have been left unchanged. While the official website does not mention if the new motor is BS-IV compliant, we believe it will comply with the new emission norms.
Expect Harley-Davidson to have an official announcement with prices and availability soon!
Starts Rs 6,45,000
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar