Exclusive: 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo priced at Rs 1.92 crore, bookings now open in India
Bookings for the 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo are now open at dealerships across India. OVERDRIVE has learned that the new Cayenne Turbo is priced at Rs 1.92 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai) and the pre-booking amount is Rs 5 lakh. Porsche India has stated that the new Cayenne Turbo will reach dealerships in the country in June. We have also learned that deliveries will begin by early August. The 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo is the German performance car maker's new top-range SUV and comes powered by a 4-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine that produces 557PS / 770Nm. The new 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo gets a bunch of upgrades from an active aerodynamics package to new interior and better brakes. We have already driven the SUV, and you can read our first drive impressions here.
The Cayenne Turbo SUV sports 21-inch Turbo wheels fitted with larger 315/35 section tyres. To check the body roll, the Porsche Cayenne Turbo gets electronic roll stabilisation and self-levelling three-chamber air suspension with active shock absorber system. For more car-like dynamics in the bulky Porsche Cayenne Turbo has rear-axle steering and surface coated brakes, with the option of ceramic composite brakes.
The underpinning chassis has also been reworked, but Porsche did not reveal how much lighter it is from Cayenne Turbo's predecessor. The combined effort of these new features takes the 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo to 100kmph in a supercar-like 4.1 seconds and onwards to a top whack of 286kmph. This dash is even quicker, at 3.9 seconds if you opt for the Sports Chrono package for Rs 3 lakh more.
The redesigned engine is now more compact and sits lower aiding better centre of gravity, offering better control. The interior has been tweaked as well. The Porsche Advanced Cockpit brings with it a new touchscreen infotainment system connected to a 710-watt BOSE surround sound experience to drown out the exterior noise.
But with a V8 rumbling through the twin pipes, would you really want to hear something else? The Porsche Cayenne Turbo is now in its third generation and looks like it will continue to hold its own with the upcoming version.
Starts Rs 1.1 Crore
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option
- NewsNext-generation Mercedes-Benz CLS 300d to launch in India during the festive season
- FeaturesImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG C43 sedan and coupe