Exclusive: 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo priced at Rs 1.92 crore, bookings now open in India
Bookings for the 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo are now open at dealerships across India. OVERDRIVE has learned that the new Cayenne Turbo is priced at Rs 1.92 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai) and the pre-booking amount is Rs 5 lakh. Porsche India has stated that the new Cayenne Turbo will reach dealerships in the country in June. We have also learned that deliveries will begin by early August. The 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo is the German performance car maker's new top-range SUV and comes powered by a 4-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine that produces 557PS / 770Nm. The new 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo gets a bunch of upgrades from an active aerodynamics package to new interior and better brakes. We have already driven the SUV, and you can read our first drive impressions here.
The Cayenne Turbo SUV sports 21-inch Turbo wheels fitted with larger 315/35 section tyres. To check the body roll, the Porsche Cayenne Turbo gets electronic roll stabilisation and self-levelling three-chamber air suspension with active shock absorber system. For more car-like dynamics in the bulky Porsche Cayenne Turbo has rear-axle steering and surface coated brakes, with the option of ceramic composite brakes.
The underpinning chassis has also been reworked, but Porsche did not reveal how much lighter it is from Cayenne Turbo's predecessor. The combined effort of these new features takes the 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo to 100kmph in a supercar-like 4.1 seconds and onwards to a top whack of 286kmph. This dash is even quicker, at 3.9 seconds if you opt for the Sports Chrono package for Rs 3 lakh more.
The redesigned engine is now more compact and sits lower aiding better centre of gravity, offering better control. The interior has been tweaked as well. The Porsche Advanced Cockpit brings with it a new touchscreen infotainment system connected to a 710-watt BOSE surround sound experience to drown out the exterior noise.
But with a V8 rumbling through the twin pipes, would you really want to hear something else? The Porsche Cayenne Turbo is now in its third generation and looks like it will continue to hold its own with the upcoming version.
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh