Exclusive: 2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 will have ABS with drum brakes
A test mule of 2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS was spotted on test ahead of its official launch. The test motorcycle was equipped with a dual-channel anti-lock braking system (ABS), however, the cruiser had drum brakes on the rear wheel. Whereas the front wheel had a conventional ABS mechanism mounted on the disc.
The ABS sensor surrounds the drum brake housing
Apart from the braking assembly upgrade, the motorcycle did not display any other cosmetic changes. The motorcycle was painted in the same grey paint scheme and was equipped with a raised handlebar as seen before. The Avenger Cruise 220 carries retro styling cues such as a chrome finished headlamp cluster with a tall visor in the front. The chrome is carried through to the instrument cluster as well as on the panels mounted over the fuel tank. The styling character also lets the manufacturer offer a low rider as well as a pillion height. The cruiser motorcycle is also equipped with spoke rims, however, the Street variant of the Avenger is offered with alloy wheels.
No other mechanical changes expected to the 2019 Bajaj
The Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 has a 220cc engine which produces 19.03PS at 8,400rpm and 17.5Nm of torque at 7,000rpm. The same drive train is shared with the Bajaj Avenger Street 220.
The updated bike will carry the same engine with the same state of tune as the current motorcycle. The booking for the 2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS began earlier this month, and is expected to be officially unveiled in the last week of March.
We expect the price of the Avenger Cruise 220 to be below Rs 1.15 lakh ex-showroom. In terms of pricing, the Avenger Cruise 220 shares its market space with the TVS Apache RTR200 4V and the KTM 125 Duke.
Following the Avenger Cruise 220, Bajaj will update the Avenger Street 220 and 180 with the same single-channel ABS unit before April 1, 2019.
Starts Rs 82,253
Starts Rs 1,38,041
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hero Group to contribute Rs.100 Crore towards Covid-19 relief
- FeaturesReliving Ashish Raorane's 2020 Africa Eco Race adventure
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Isuzu delays the launch of its BSVI fleet
- News2020 BSVI Hyundai Verna launched at a price of Rs 9.31 lakh
- NewsHow to maintain your vehicle during the coronavirus lockdown
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055