Exclusive: Bajaj Discover F150 spied testing in India
Bajaj has been promising a slew of new Discover models and the roll outs have come thick and fast and there is some confusion about which model is which. We now have spy shots of what we think is going to be called the Discover F150 and is to be the flagship of Bajaj's Discover line of commuters.
The flagship Discover F150 gets a quarter fairing, the likes of which the P220F in its family flaunt and others in the 125cc segment like the Honda Stunner and Hero Ignitor also have.
The flagship Discover F150 gets a quarter fairing like the Honda Stunner and Hero Ignitor
Bajaj believes that they have a very good platform in the new Discover series. A faired Discover is a good idea as the 125cc Stunner has turned out to be for Honda. The Bajaj Discover F150, as the name suggests, will have a new 4-valve 150cc DTS-i engine. The engine may make around 14PS or thereabouts of power to counter the weight of the fairing. This new Discover though will be an outright commuter and will be priced and positioned below the Pulsar 150. The latter is still perceived as a motorcycle with sporty intentions in its segment and not as a commuter. With the launch of the F150, there may be some cannibalization of sales, but this won't be a crisis situation for Bajaj. There is also a naked version of the F150 in the pipeline which will also be launched later this year in India. Earlier Bajaj had on sale a Discover 135 and 150 both of which are now discontinued.
This new Discover though will be an outright commuter and will be priced and positioned below the Pulsar 150
Bajaj will use its existing parts from the Discover and Pulsar range for the new F150. The frame and cycle parts have been borrowed from the Discover 125ST which means you get a front disc brake, wide and comfortable seat and a monoshock rear suspension. The new F150 will come with a kick and electric starter unlike the Stunner which doesn't get a kick. Bajaj may launch this new Discover F150 around the festive season this year at a price tag which will be a few thousand more than the Stunner/Ignitor.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000