Exclusive: Ferrari 488 GTB to be launched in India shortly
Ferrari has confirmed that they will launch the 488 GTB in India soon. We expect it to be launched on February 18 or 19, 2016. This car will run a 3902cc V8 turbocharged engine that produces a whopping 670PS of power and 760Nm of torque. Ferrari claims that the 488 GTB will get from 0 to 200kmph in just 8.3 seconds, with a top speed of over 330kmph.
Ferrari has built this car using all the knowledge it has gained from years of partcipation in motorsport events like Formula 1, the World Endurance Championship, 24 Hours of Le Mans and its FXX programmes. The Ferrari 488 GTB features advanced aerodynamic bodywork that gives it a drag coefficient of 1.67, which is Ferrari lowest ever for a production model. This also means that it produces 50 per cent more downforce than the previous model. The 488 GTB also gets Ferrari's second generation Slide Slip Control (SSC2) which allows the driver to powerslide out of corners much faster and at the same time, keeps the car from spinning out or crashing. This system also adjusts the active dampers to imrove the car's handling. According to Ferrari the 488 GTB "provides track-level performance that can be enjoyed to the full even by non-professional drivers in everyday use."
It will obviously be sold as a CBU in India, and although they're pretty tight lipped about the price of the car, we expect it to cost around Rs 5 crore. Click here to view our image gallery of the Ferrari 488 GTB.
Starts Rs 3.88 Crore
Starts Rs 3.97 Crore
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards