Scoop: Ford Mustang to launch in India on January 28, 2016
Ford will launch its iconic muscle car, the Mustang in India on January 28. The American car maker will bring the Mustang through the CBU route. The new Ford Mustang was revealed at the 2015 Shanghai Auto Show.
The international spec Mustang is powered by a 3.7-litre Ti-VCT V6 motor that makes 300PS of power and 380Nm of torque as well as a 2.3-litre EcoBoost motor that makes 310PS of power and 434Nm of torque. The large displacement 5.0-litre V8 engine makes 435PS of power and 542Nm of torque. Ford will definitely launch the Mustang GT 5.0-litre with a six-speed automatic box and not the lower variants in India. This has been tested with 93-octane fuel
This is also the first time that the Ford Mustang is offered in a right-hand drive configuration since its launch in 1964. The feature list in the Ford Mustang include a sync 3 infotainment system, automatic wipers, start/stop button and adaptive cruise control to name a few. The Ford Mustang will also feature a track app that will offer launch control and also provide performance data on the 4.2-inch multi information display on the instrumental cluster. The 390 watt Shaker Pro Audio System is optional on certain models. The audio system includes an AM/FM stereo, single-CD/MP3 player and 12 speakers including an eight-inch sub-woofer.
In terms of safety, the Mustang comes equipped with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) that uses radar to detect a vehicle at a blind spot and alerts with an indicator in the appropriate exterior mirror.
The new Ford Mustang gets signature HID headlamps and LED tri-bar tail lamps with sequential turn signals as standard. The Mustang sold outside is also offered with a long list of personalization options. We suspect that the prices of Ford Mustang will be between Rs 55 lakh to Rs 60 lakh, ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh