Scoop: Ford Mustang to launch in India on January 28, 2016
Ford will launch its iconic muscle car, the Mustang in India on January 28. The American car maker will bring the Mustang through the CBU route. The new Ford Mustang was revealed at the 2015 Shanghai Auto Show.
The international spec Mustang is powered by a 3.7-litre Ti-VCT V6 motor that makes 300PS of power and 380Nm of torque as well as a 2.3-litre EcoBoost motor that makes 310PS of power and 434Nm of torque. The large displacement 5.0-litre V8 engine makes 435PS of power and 542Nm of torque. Ford will definitely launch the Mustang GT 5.0-litre with a six-speed automatic box and not the lower variants in India. This has been tested with 93-octane fuel
This is also the first time that the Ford Mustang is offered in a right-hand drive configuration since its launch in 1964. The feature list in the Ford Mustang include a sync 3 infotainment system, automatic wipers, start/stop button and adaptive cruise control to name a few. The Ford Mustang will also feature a track app that will offer launch control and also provide performance data on the 4.2-inch multi information display on the instrumental cluster. The 390 watt Shaker Pro Audio System is optional on certain models. The audio system includes an AM/FM stereo, single-CD/MP3 player and 12 speakers including an eight-inch sub-woofer.
In terms of safety, the Mustang comes equipped with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) that uses radar to detect a vehicle at a blind spot and alerts with an indicator in the appropriate exterior mirror.
The new Ford Mustang gets signature HID headlamps and LED tri-bar tail lamps with sequential turn signals as standard. The Mustang sold outside is also offered with a long list of personalization options. We suspect that the prices of Ford Mustang will be between Rs 55 lakh to Rs 60 lakh, ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production
- NewsSpec comparo: Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S vs Harley-Davidson Street Rod