Exclusive: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz India launch in Sept 2014, to get AMT
Spy shots of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki 'YL1' sedan have been doing the rounds of the Internet for quite a while. The vehicle is expected to replace the SX4 sedan and will be based on the Ciaz Concept that Maruti Suzuki showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo. The production-spec Ciaz will draw design inspiration from the concept and will get a sleek and sporty stance. Suzuki is benchmarking the car against Hyundai's fluidic sculpture design philosophy that is seen on the Verna.
Therefore, we expect that the bodywork, headlights and taillights will feature flowing curves and creases that look more contemporary. Maruti Suzuki is targeting the cosmopolitan and young audience with this sedan and therefore the styling and the dynamics are expected to be sportier than the SX4 sedan. A wide range of engines and states of tune are being tested on the Ciaz, but more importantly, the sedan will also get the automated manual transmission (AMT) technology that recently debuted on the Celerio.
The Maruti YL1, which will be launched as Ciaz in India, was recently spotted testing by Team-BHP.com
Unlike the SX4 sedan, which had a limited reach, the Ciaz will be a global sedan. The equipment levels, however, will vary as per market requirement. We expect the India-spec Ciaz to get a push-button starter, climate control, rear A/C vents and automatic headlamps and wipers. The Maruti will be launched in the Indian market in September 2014. Upon its launch, the Ciaz will compete with the likes of the Honda, the Hyundai, the Volkswagen and the Nissan.
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.91 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.05 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsObituary: P Vijayaraghavan, Director, TVS Srichakra, has passed away
- News20 units of Tata Winger Ambulances donated to Maharashtra Govt. for COVID19
- NewsMercedes-Benz reveals second-gen MBUX infotainment ahead of S-Class debut
- NewsNext-gen Skoda Octavia RS continues with 245PS 2-litre TSI engine
- NewsTVS Motor Company extends free service and warranty timelines
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block