Exclusive: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz India launch in Sept 2014, to get AMT
Spy shots of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki 'YL1' sedan have been doing the rounds of the Internet for quite a while. The vehicle is expected to replace the SX4 sedan and will be based on the Ciaz Concept that Maruti Suzuki showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo. The production-spec Ciaz will draw design inspiration from the concept and will get a sleek and sporty stance. Suzuki is benchmarking the car against Hyundai's fluidic sculpture design philosophy that is seen on the Verna.
Therefore, we expect that the bodywork, headlights and taillights will feature flowing curves and creases that look more contemporary. Maruti Suzuki is targeting the cosmopolitan and young audience with this sedan and therefore the styling and the dynamics are expected to be sportier than the SX4 sedan. A wide range of engines and states of tune are being tested on the Ciaz, but more importantly, the sedan will also get the automated manual transmission (AMT) technology that recently debuted on the Celerio.
The Maruti YL1, which will be launched as Ciaz in India, was recently spotted testing by Team-BHP.com
Unlike the SX4 sedan, which had a limited reach, the Ciaz will be a global sedan. The equipment levels, however, will vary as per market requirement. We expect the India-spec Ciaz to get a push-button starter, climate control, rear A/C vents and automatic headlamps and wipers. The Maruti will be launched in the Indian market in September 2014. Upon its launch, the Ciaz will compete with the likes of the Honda, the Hyundai, the Volkswagen and the Nissan.
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.05 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018