Exclusive: Mercedes-Benz India will not launch the new E-Class in 2016
If you've been waiting for the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class, we have got some bad news for you. In fact it just might make you cry. Today at the launch of the new Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 AMG Coupe in India, Mercedes-Benz confirmed that the all-new E-Class isn't coming to our shores in 2016. The new Mercedes-Benz E-Class was showcased at the 2016 Detroit Motor Show and features a host of technological innovations as well as new features.
While last year Mercedes-Benz India launched 15 products, this year, the company will roll out 12 new products. With the E-Class out of the equation, the other prospect is the SLC which was also unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show. Speaking of the E-Class, the car showcased had a 241PS/370Nm 2.0-litre turbo petrol motor that is mated to a 9-speed gearbox. Mercedes is also likely to announce more engine options which might include diesels and hybrids.
On the outside, the 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class looks similar to the new S-Class and also gets Multibeam headlights. Inside there is the one piece glass display which lays out the instrument cluster as well as the infotainment system. On the tech side, the new E-Class has NFC unlocking, rear seatbelt airbags and the works. However, out of the extensive feature list, it remains to be seen how many make it to India when it rolls out in 2017.
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review