Exclusive: Suzuki Hayabusa to be CKD assembled in India
Sources tell us that Suzuki Motorcycles India is all set to announce local assembly of its flagship sport touring motorcycle, the legendary Hayabusa. Suzuki earlier started assembly operations with the excellent Inazuma but the subtle charms of the motorcycle were lost on us thanks to its price.
The Hayabusa has been a perennial seller for the Suzuki and it sells today for approximately Rs 16 lakh . Switching to CKD assembly for the motorcycle is expected to drop the prices by Rs 2 lakh. The new price should be confirmed tomorrow.
The Suzuki Hayabusa is powered by a 1,340cc 197PS/154Nm engine, mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The Hayabusa was the fastest production motorcycle in history for some time.
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review