Exclusive: Suzuki Hayabusa to be CKD assembled in India
Sources tell us that Suzuki Motorcycles India is all set to announce local assembly of its flagship sport touring motorcycle, the legendary Hayabusa. Suzuki earlier started assembly operations with the excellent Inazuma but the subtle charms of the motorcycle were lost on us thanks to its price.
The Hayabusa has been a perennial seller for the Suzuki and it sells today for approximately Rs 16 lakh . Switching to CKD assembly for the motorcycle is expected to drop the prices by Rs 2 lakh. The new price should be confirmed tomorrow.
The Suzuki Hayabusa is powered by a 1,340cc 197PS/154Nm engine, mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The Hayabusa was the fastest production motorcycle in history for some time.
- NewsHonda motorcycles India expresses concern on electrification of two-wheelers in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's electric vehicles to be sold via Nexa outlets
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Hyundai i20 spotted testing under camouflage
- NewsHusqvarna EE 5 all-electric dirt bike launched internationally
- NewsPorsche Macan S officially teased on the social network - India launch expected soon